[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when you go to pick up food, are you supposed to tip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0055.jpg (32KB, 449x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
32KB, 449x302px
when you go to pick up food, are you supposed to tip?
>>
>>1546835
You are supposed to tip everyone and everything on your way to pick up the food. You don't tip the people at the food place.
>>
>>1546835
Did you like the service.
>>
>>1546843
yes
>>
>>1546835

no.

they want you to think you're supposed to, but you're not. they just put the jars out because it generates extra revenue (however small) or allows them to lower wages (however slightly) by splitting tips with employees.

why wouldn't they put the jar there? nobody tips, oh well. people tip, great free money.
>>
this shit reminds me of something..
i was at the beach and went on a boat ride and it was $40/person and the boat ride was only like 5 mins. it was a speedboat thing. the fucking driver had the audacity to say "as your captain i do work here for tips"

that damn captain didnt get a tip that day from me
>>
>>1546835
mathematically you shouldnt.

the jews are ripping you off every time the shitty restaurant wage laws stay in place.
>>
>>1546835
I went to get some pizza last week. Some fucking piece of shit there tried to jew me out of 5 euros. "Accidentally" forgot to give me that when handing me my change money. Fuck that guy.
>>
In america (or Florida at least) its 20%. So something that is 19.99 gets a $4 tip. Like this: .20(20)
>>
>>1546835

I give:

> 20% to waiters/bartenders
> 10% to delivery drivers
> 5% to cab drivers
> a few bucks here and there to people who help me out with stuff
>>
>>1547226

Agreed, but fucking the waiters is not the right way to combat server wage laws.
>>
>>1546835

No. There's no reason. I always pick up so I can avoid tipping
>>
Picking up from a restaurant I usually give takeout/host 2 bucks no matter how many of them are standing there. I worked takeout a few years back and it was nice to walk away with some tip money. I don't usually tip when I pickup at a pizza place because I don't like Italians/ mexicans.

They usually make minimum wage so 2$ is enough.
>>
>>1546835
The only reason to pick up food is to not tip.
>>
>>1548513
>>1546835
no. not unless it's delivered.

>>1547219
ya that's bullshit.
>>
Why should consumers be obliged to subsidize business' labor costs? Unless I've had exceptional service, I feel reluctant to tip.
>>
>>1546835
No, that's for if they bring the food to you, either to your table at the restaurant or to your home.

Just think of that jar at the cash register as a "donation" jar rather than a tip jar. If you're in a good mood and you were pleased with the service, go ahead and donate.
>>
>>1546835
I do because I'm a good person.
>>
File: Wait.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Wait.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Ask the person you're tipping how much they make tipped wage or regular hourly. It would be best to tip 20% if the person behind the counter is making tipped wage because it's just nice to show your appreciation to the person that got your food together and handed it to you but also to not seem like a douche either. If you're a regualr that doesn't tip, they know.

If they make regular hourly however, unless they gave you a handy before you got your food, fuck em.

(5 years in Restaurants)
>>
No. You didn't get the service which warrants tipping. Usually they just have the tip line because they can only print one type of check for both takeout and delivery, but a lot of places have realized that by purposely printing a tip line on the bill they can get people who don't know the etiquette and people too timid not to tip to overpay for no reason on takeout.

Another thing you should never do is go by the pre-calculated 15 or 20% that some checks have. That's computed based on the post-tax amount, whereas you're supposed to tip as a percentage of the pre-tax amount. Using their suggestion is overtipping in any place that has a sales tax, and it's especially bad in places with a high sales tax.

Don't fall for these overtipping traps.
>>
Can someone explain why tipping became a customary service in the West (USA)?

As I understand it, it was something of a thank you for superb service, not a regular additional fee towards their wage.

I do get that some of them work in low income positions, but a lot of other jobs are in teh same position and never receive any tips.
>>
>>1546835
I tip the minimum for black people
>>
>>1546835
No
>>
>>1548569
That makes you an asshole
>>
>>1549292
>a lot of others are in the same position and dont recieve tips
Most states waiters/bartenders make significantly less than minimum and rely on tips
>>
>>1548569
>look I posted it again

this argument is such shit. service employees get paid exactly how much they deserve to for the shit they put up with given tips are included.

if we "banned" tipping and they got normal wages, then prices would increase at the same rate that their wages increase, and we are still paying exactly the same amount of money to them. it's basic fucking economics.
>>
I don't tip takeout, only dine in or delivery because the server actually does stuff.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.