[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do car sales men sell cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1474168950332.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474168950332.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
How do car sales men sell cars?
>>
>>1544378
I thought about this yesterday. I passed a dealership around 6pm, which has got to be a down time for sales, because there were 7 or 8 salesmen all hanging out together by the sign in front.
The "sale" looks like it consists of talking to people who walk on to the lot wanting to buy a car anyway, soI figure they shoot it out for who approaches them.
>>
>>1544378
One tip I heard in an audio book, is to subtly mimic their posture, and read in to how the person learns. Tailor your demonstration to how the person learns, and the posture. Smile, but not too much.
>>
>>1544591
Or you could just never buy new because that's for cuckolds.

Unless you're earning >10x the price of whatever new vehicle you're looking to buy, you would be fucking retarded to buy new instead of used.

Pro tip: you are not earning >10x the price of whatever new vehicle you're looking to buy.
>>
>>1544378
Don't 'sell.' Instead, 'help buy.'

Or read a book on sales.
>>
>>1544610

What if I bought a McLaren P1 or LaFerrari brand new?
>>
>>1544378

A lot of lying.
>>
>>1544610
t. poor 2 world people
>>
You dont sell cars, you just help people buy them. If they came by themselves over there they are already somewhat willing to buy it
>>
American Car Salesmen are retards. The people buying cars walked in to buy a car. Most are just trading up. Bought 2012 Ford, it's paid off now in 2016. Time to buy a 2017 Ford, and replace that in 4 years.
>>
Read /o/'s Tales from the Dealership
>>
Testing Testing One Two Tree
>>
>>1544969
link please?
>>
I've worked for the car business for about 4 years now. Basically the hard part of the job is not selling the car. It's finding something that person can actually buy. Most of the time our customers have credit issues or are upside down on their current loans.

This industry has taught me two things:

1. Most people have no idea how loans or credit work
2. If they're REALLY excited to buy from you, they probably can't.

I guess ask me anything
>>
>>1546382
How'd you get started? I've never been in sales but I wanna try out working at a stealership rather than going to a call center or something. Is it actually possible for someone to learn the business from scratch or is that just bullshit from dudes trying to sell books and get page views for their how-to blogs?
>>
>>1544378
Go after Hispanics they buy the most. Stay away from Indians.
>>
File: fist full of dollars.png (443KB, 1286x2622px) Image search: [Google]
fist full of dollars.png
443KB, 1286x2622px
>>1546368
i got you sempai
>>
Treat them like a person, ask them what they want, dont try so hard to sell to them and try to just listen to them and find out what they want and provide options that are both under budget and over budget.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.