[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A profitable idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_m52b1uyLvw1qajhjjo1_500.png (382KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m52b1uyLvw1qajhjjo1_500.png
382KB, 500x523px
Need a /biz/ opinion,

What's stopping me from taking out a $100,000-$300,000 loan then buying an apartment complex?

In my mind being a landlord seems like the best and easiest way to have an income without having to work for someone else. Other than the maintenance it seems extremely profitable.

Any persinal experience?
>>
>>1544030
>What's stopping me from taking out a $100,000-$300,000 loan then buying an apartment complex?

Nothing except you can't buy an apartment complex for 100k-300k.
>>
The return on that kind of investment is usually 10-20 years.
>>
>>1544035
the thing is I've found 8Units for that price, and I'm sure if I invest in one in a foreign country the prices would be even better.
>>
>>1544030
If you find the right place for the right price, you could find yourself a nice cash cow. Consider single-building, multi-unit properties, as they may be more in your price range and easier to manage. Check foreclosures, govt. and bank auctions.

>>1544039
Assuming the property has stable income already, the mortgage he takes out is just a payback schedule. At the end of each month he will have extra to take home, so you shouldn't consider the unpaid principal as something so horrible like credit card debt (in the double digit %).

OP I know a couple of people who did what you're asking about. they've all done it smart and thorough and they turned out to be great investments. I hope you have a down-payment ready, get started looking for deals!
>>
>>1544049
Do you have 20k-60k sitting around?
>>
>>1544057
I do, but this isn't a right now thing, I'm not looking to throw money around just yet, I'm just thinking about the idea.
>>
>>1544069
Well, it's certainly viable but there's a lot of hidden costs which can snag you.
>>
What is stopping me from using my school's financial aid in order to invest in crypto?
I could easily double it.
>>
It is profitable because less and less people are able to afford homes given the current state of the economy. We're going to see a massive shift from houses to apartments as people will be forced to live within their means. Buying an apartment now is a super wise investment
>>
Quite often I imagine a life where I spend some time learning how to do as much plumbing/decorating/handy man general shit as possible. Then buy a house at auction for as cheap as possible.

Id spend time on my own, making it all nice. Do as much as possible myself to reduce costs. I imagine it would feel like a nice achievement seeing all that hard work turn some shit hole in to a liveable house.

Sell that on and repeat. After you build up enough capital, start renting them whilst you buy another instead. As long as they cover the rent plus a little extra to live on, everything is good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.