[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather make $28/hr with time and half OT, or make $65k/yr?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Would you rather make $28/hr with time and half OT, or make $65k/yr?
>>
At roughly 45 hr/wk is the break even point. How many hours would you be working per week. >45 take the hourly. <45, take the salary.
>>
I would take the salary. The extra few hours per week would add up.

And don't go thinking you can just work 60 hour weeks and grab an extra 40k per year. Very few employers would allow that.
>>
Depends on the hours and workload expected for the salary.
>>
>>1543685
It also depends on how stuff is distributed.

If your job entails random 80 hour work weeks with lots of sub 40 weeks, the hourly rate looks better because a larger percentage of hours are OT, and you might qualify for additional OT if you reach certain thresholds.
>>
>>1543675

Salary workers are usually abused.

I choose hourly any day.
>>
>>1543675

depending on how they cap hours, I'd choose the hourly. I would work myself to the bone for that much money.
>>
I work a pretty shitty job, when you see it from the outside world. But from my perspective i'm not outside in the weather digging holes, or having to do anything overly taxing.

I get paid hourly. When i was employed i was employed as a part time staff member. I had previously worked in a management position in the same company, but decided to leave when another company bought out my division, so they didnt recognise my previous training - all 10 years worth - but i know the pay scale and systems in place.

I moved quickly to get myself recognised, as a manager previously i know the bare minimum that can be done that is above the maximum some of the other staff do to get where i need to be.

Started doing secondments, 2 months worth. Secondments are were you are paid the same, and do more work/management functions for little or no benefit, but it puts you in the line of sight of the upper management - easiest way to network above your pay grade.

I was then moved to the number 1 site in the country, still as a part timer, with a pseudo title and work load that consists of running around (looking busy) and making sure there is $200K of the right mix of stock to operate for a week and a half sales. I negotiated a pay increase under the federal/company agreement to $3.5 above the hourly rate, because i have 'responsibilities above my job description', had my hourly agreement stretched to 40 hours per week. In my country the part time agreement is 36. So 2 hours are now 150% pay, and the last 2 hours are 200% pay.

I still retain part time status, the company cannot undo what they have awarded me without promotion, and pay increase and i am paid more than 60% of store manager in the network of 500+ stores. Add in penalties and your cheering.

Just this week gone, i decided to take a midnight to morning shift. Sun. to Mon.. It was a public holiday. My last two hours of overtime fell on the Mon/ morning, rate*2.0*2.5 - they paid nearly $400 for me to mop a floor.
>>
>>1544201
word. i'm salary (at a much higher rate, admittedly) but i get assraped on hours
>>
>>1543675
Depends. All factors being the same id take time and a half. You could fairly easily reach 100k
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.