[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quatshy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x374px
> This is your fucking one way ticket right here

I made a shit-posting website and I think we could turn it into a new type of 4chan.

All comments turn into reaction GIFs. It's not a comment board yet but I can easily turn it into one. (For efficiency It uses .webm instead of .gif if available)

http://quatshy.com/

So here is the deal: You make a micro investment into the board and get a share of it. Every investment will be published on the website here:

http://quatshy.com/about

And if I should make a profit with the site you get a share of the profit. Let's say 10% of the profit is reserved for the micro-investment-shareholders and will be split according to your investment. If we have enough investors to pay the server costs and my time, we will make a cap on the number of micro investors.

Profit will come through "integrated" advertisement like this: All comments are enriched with GIFs automatically. Sponsors or advertisers (say coca cola) can book words, like "drink" and "fun" and if someone uses this word in a comment the likelihood of getting a coke advertisement GIF increases strongly (adjusted such that there are not too much ads in the GIF stream).

So you can invest with bitcoin or Paypal (button on the site)
Bitcoin address: 1Edcf48jdjsMsCLE7pAWxW3pQzjrjNzAis

Proof: http://quatshy.com/about

LETS DOO THIS
http://s3.r29static.com//bin/entry/ce4/x/1344762/image.gif
>>
So micro investment means you can also just send one satochi or a cent.
>>
>>1543241
That sounds so stupid.
>>
>>1543241
I like your idea but I do not see any way we are guaranteed to not be scammed.
>>
>>1543241
So you type a comment and an algo picks a related gif, or a random gif if it can't find a related one?
If you want money you have to be detailed on how this works.
>>
File: safe_image.gif (744KB, 705x591px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.gif
744KB, 705x591px
>>1543318

I believe in the idea, if I had some funds to continue it I would do it. And for proof of investment I thought we could use bitcoin. The blockchain stores the transaction so everyone can look up what you invested to the bitcoin address which is publicly linked to my website now. If you want better proof we could think about something.

And if you only invest like 1 dollar the risk is low.

>>1543322

At the moment it uses the giphy api to make a query that fetches a related gif to the comment text. If it find nothing at the moment you don't get a gif.

I want to remove the dependence on a third party api if we turn this into a real project. So I would crawl reddit and many websites, download gifs and store in a database the words that are associated with it.

On the quatshy site we have a great source to get word tags for gifs. Imagine a thread, people are talking about a topic, maybe we use an upvote system. Then we can tag gifs on our own site instead of crawling e.g. reddit.

Other option: Site selects a gif to your comment, if you don't think it matches you can click on the gif and get 3 options for other gifs.
>>
>>1543371
>If you want better proof we could think about something.
Isn't Ethereum safer for this sort of thing?
With Bitcoin we have your address but we can't stop you from stealing our money.
ETH allows trustless investment structures.

>Other option: Site selects a gif to your comment, if you don't think it matches you can click on the gif and get 3 options for other gifs.
Definitely necessary.

Also, the site doesn't really have any structure right now.
>>
>>1543385

> ETH allows trustless investment structures.

I'm not up to date yet with ethereum but I'll open a wallet for it and link it to my site then.

> Also, the site doesn't really have any structure right now.

Well a straightforward approach would be to structure it into threads like here in 4chan and then users post comments. But I'm open to other Ideas.

That would be one of the first thing on the project. Introducing topics.

If anybody wants to join the project as a developer we can do this too.
>>
>>1543420
>I'm not up to date yet with ethereum but I'll open a wallet for it and link it to my site then.
You have to do more than that. I don't know how to set one up but I think you need a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
It'd be a bit of work but the advantage is that someone here might actually trust you with their money.
>>
This is retarded
>>
>>1543241
This is retarded, and your competition is fucking Facebook right now.

>I think we could turn it into a new type of 4chan
4chan is literally failing financially as we speak. Why do you want to spend time and money making an off-brand 4chan?
>>
>>1543241
Should have named is SquatShy.com
>>
>>1543241
I came back because I'm still mad about your project.

What the fuck does Quatshy even mean?
Is it pronounced "Kwot Shy?" Or like "Kwat Shee?"
Who do you expect to be your target market? Do you expect normies to stop using Facebook Messenger? Or do you expect 4channers to stop using 4chan? Are you trying to compete with Discord to get at gamers? Or is this going to be some sort of iFunny type deal?

It seems like your differentiation is the fact that you can post gifs as comments without having to browse and save gifs to your device. What kind of content do you expect your users to be commenting on? Are you just going to pull shit off iFunny or just take Tumblr screencaps?
>>
File: 147561529496895.png (540KB, 964x533px) Image search: [Google]
147561529496895.png
540KB, 964x533px
>>1543731

Oh the name is stupid I know. I'm from Germany and there it sounds stupid too but makes more sense.

I just want to try out the idea and make a new meme board, and it would be amazing to mine relations between pictures and conversations. I mean if it had millions of comments you could use the data to "animate" conversations with memes.

But for the most part its fun. Also I have a Virtual Reality version of it :)

And if anybody want to join as a developer you are welcome. And I'm about to open an ethereum crowdsale project so then people can fund without trusting me (basically the funds would be payed when a feature is delivered)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.