[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find testers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

If you dont want to read my spiel, just go to my website and give me some feedback: infinitydot.com/moqups/

Ive posted this on biz because although its not designed to make me any money, i was guessing people here might have some extra knowledge on running websites and might be interested to see a project underway. Pretty much, i need testers for my website and have no idea where to go.

Ive made a travel related website, where you can rent items off people in cities you are traveling to or loan some of the items you dont use often to travelers for some extra cash. Think of it like a cross between ebay and craigslist that is about renting instead of buying. Its always shit heading overseas and having to rent stuff of shifty renters, give in your passport not knowing if they have stolen them in the past, a user (and item) rating system will hopefully allow users to self moderate the community and find the scammers.

After many months of development (and much cash out of my pocket), a prototype is ready and im trying to figure out where i can go to find some people to test it (here being one of them).

Features:
- 100% free for renters and users (Maybe donations in the future if i need more expensive hosting)
- Accounts
- User rating system
- Item rating system
- Simple to use and read system (probably too simple if you ask me)
- Filter system (Can filter on location/price/user feedback)

I want people to be savage and pick apart its problems so i can fix them, i honestly think it would be a very useful thing to all travelers and im happy to make, fund and run such a website if it serves a purpose and is used. If you have any feedback just post it here, you can also email it to me via the website.

So yeh, just make an account, test out some of the features, make an advert or something and tell me how it goes.

Danke.
>>
>>1542675
> where you can rent items off people in cities you are traveling to or loan some of the items you dont use often to travelers for some extra cash

I travel a lot, and I don't think I'd use your service.

One, the lawyer in me lives in fear of weird vague rental agreements with random assholes. What happens if I break or steal the scooter? How do you verify (1) the owner actually owns the object being rented and (2) it's in some sort of serviceable condition? How do I avoid getting hauled into some sort of holding cell while the (domestic, better-connected) owner alleges theft? How do you avoid being pled into those cases?

Two, not to sound bougie, but when I go to a foreign country I throw down cash to avoid dealing with unnecessary complexity. Case in point, I'm going to a certain Nordic country soon, and I'm 100% willing to pay twice the price for a nice hotel room instead of worrying about slumming it in a hostel. Ditto for rental cars, trips, etc. I don't like the idea of part of my trip being dedicated to finding some asshole to rent a scooter.

Three, what's preventing Airbnb or equivalent from eating your lunch the second you show any sign of popularity? (Protip: you can't patent business methods anymore)
>>
File: iamarobot.gif (46KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
iamarobot.gif
46KB, 225x225px
Hey thanks for the feedback!

>>1542775

>What happens if I break or steal the scooter? How do you verify (1) the owner actually owns the object being rented and (2) it's in some sort of serviceable condition? How do I avoid getting hauled into some sort of holding cell while the (domestic, better-connected) owner alleges theft? How do you avoid being pled into those cases?

I mean, its no different to renting a scooter in Asia, and truth be told, it happens all the time where a dodgy dealer ends up scamming you for a couple of hundred dollars simply because he knows the rules and regulations better than you do, and the fact that he is friends with the local police man.

What my website aims to do is allow people to rate him so that the next person that comes along doesn't fall for the same trick. People with good reviews will get better sales while the people with bad reviews wont get any business. Like i said, community moderation.

>Two, not to sound bougie, but when I go to a foreign country I throw down cash to avoid dealing with unnecessary complexity. Case in point, I'm going to a certain Nordic country soon, and I'm 100% willing to pay twice the price for a nice hotel room instead of worrying about slumming it in a hostel. Ditto for rental cars, trips, etc. I don't like the idea of part of my trip being dedicated to finding some asshole to rent a scooter.

Haha Norway, sounds like you have quite a bit of cash.

The website is more for your backpacker or budget travelers than people who have the money to spend, i mean, if i had the cash why would i just not get a taxi everywhere than rent a bike?

>Three, what's preventing Airbnb or equivalent from eating your lunch the second you show any sign of popularity?

Literally nothing, I'm hoping because it would be a free community run service people would choose that.

Like, they can exist in tandem, look at Ebay vs all the other buy/sell websites out there.
>>
File: 0wp.jpg (435KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0wp.jpg
435KB, 1600x1200px
Bump

I found a more stable host, the guys that developed the item rating plugin for me are letting me piggyback off their website.

Check it here: parassoftwares.com/moqups/
>>
>>1545117
austria
>>
>>1544619
Hmm... I'm seeing where you're going, just be careful. I'm playing devil's advocate not to be a dick, but to expose you to the testing I think'd come up in the real world.

As for the legal stuff, you might still want to get a cheapo lawyer to draft up a "we ain't responsible for shit" disclaimer, among other things. What you're describing is totally true about some Asian countries, but it doesn't mean that some spoiled upper class brat won't get litigious when they get scammed. Community moderation would do a lot, but still make sure that you have something to point at when mommy's precious snowflake starts sending threat letters.

As for the backpacker stuff, makes sense.

As for the Airbnb thing, I'd do more than shrug off the issue. Do you have contacts in foreign countries of interest? You could possibly secure some connections with locals early and get them invested, meaning that it'd be that much harder for Airbnb to compete.
>>
Your mobile site is very cluttered. Idk if you're using bootstrap or some type of framework that might help create a smoother experience between different sized windows.

As for the idea, I love it.
I was over in Europe recently and wanted to do a bike rental for 3 days. I was stuck either trying to buy a shitty bike on Craigslist or go to the rental place each and every day which would have run me at least $150 and I would have had to give them my passport. Needless to say, I did neither of the two.

I know those damn Europeans have a bike for every pair of shoes they own and it could have cost pennies on the dollar to rent one if there was an intermediary to set us up.

As for the theft of the property, you can tie a valid card to the rentee's account and upon check out, a security deposit is held (best to not create an online account system yourself). Once the unit is returned you will credit the charge back to their account.

If you can build a Checked In, Checked out system that both parties will use when they exchange the property it will work best to avoid parties from lying. Last thing you want in another country is to say you Checked in the bike you rented and have some asshole say you never returned it and bill you €400 for a bike
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.