[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, 4chan. My father has been talking my ear off about how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0076.jpg (46KB, 587x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
46KB, 587x564px
Hello, 4chan. My father has been talking my ear off about how he's been trying to raise his credit score for the last two years.
Recently, I came across something to be rather fucking stupid in terms of raising your credit score.
Considering how tedious and time consuming it is to already raise your credit score, I assumed that what he told me might've been true.
So, he explains to me that he believes it is BETTER to pay more than what you owe at the end of the month. He believes it'll raise his credit score quicker.
Example: If he owes $100, he's gonna give them $150....

Someone please tell me this isn't true. Tell me it doesn't raise your credit score. It can't be possible. It doesn't do anything.
>>
its not true.. just pay on time, that should be enough to raise score
>>
Three important things
>pay on time as the anon says. As soon as you get the bill, pay.
>Small credit utilization. So if you have 10k in credit only like 15 percent should be used at any time.
>lastly you need increasing loan amounts and various types of credit.

Last example would be mortgage, credit card, business loan, commercial real estate. More the merrier on the different types of loans.
>>
>>1542218
>Last example would be mortgage, credit card, business loan, commercial real estate. More the merrier on the different types of loans.
Jesus christ. Is credit score in the US a good goy score?
>>
>>1542270
People tend to treat it like that, but your chances of getting a loan and favorable interest rates don't really improve beyond 750 or thereabouts.

It's not an end-all-be-all but if your score's below 750, it's a sign you're a fuckup (financially speaking).
>>
>>1542094

What do you mean "pay more than what you owe"?

If I have a credit card with a balance of $1,000 and the minimum payment is $35, paying more than $35 isn't really paying "more than I owe" since I technically owe $1,000 and am probably accruing interest expense.

If I owed a $1,000 and sent them a check for $1,500 (why?) I think they would have to pay you the credit balance eventually.
>>
>>1542325
he means more than the minimum payment due you fucking retard
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.