/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people retarded when it comes to the demand inelasticity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Are people retarded when it comes to the demand inelasticity of Common goods?

>Gelato is the same cost as frozen yogurt $5
> 5 guys meal 15$ or In n out meal 6.95
>2 Mcdonalds biscuits and coffee 11$ or restaurant breakfast
>authentic sushi bar with a 4 course meal 10$ or Panda express with small portions 9$
>subway footlong 7.50 or whole foods gourmet sub 8.50

can it be argued that frozen yogurt and 5 guys, mcdonalds is a luxury good?
>>
>>1541982

>2 Mcdonalds biscuits and coffee 11$

Where do you live?
>>
>>1541994
At an airport?
>>
>>1541982

>authentic sushi bar with a 4 course meal $10
What? Rotating sushi places will cost more than $10 in a half decent area
>>
>>1541997
>Rotating sushi places
And that stuff is fucking garbage.
>>
>>1541994
California, sorry Wasn't clear enough meant to say biscuit sandwich
>>1541997
lunch special on point senpai 10/10 fire cry laugh emoji
>>
>>1541982
Brand names have value. To paraphrase a big franchise owner, as long as you season the fuck out of the food and make it really hot or cold, people will remember it and visit the chain again, particularly if they went there as a child.
On top of that, as much as we would like to deny it, middle class snobbery exists everywhere. Eating at a chain restaurant is a status symbol.

Anecdotally, I've noticed that there are plenty of places that are so used to not getting any outside traffic that they become totally inaccessible. I once encountered a "Sal's Bar & Grill" that was actually a pool hall with a tiny bar that served soup. Pizza restaurants that only do takeout. Family seafood restaurants with plates starting at $18. Restaurants that are actually event halls. Cafés where half of the clientele are toddlers and a dog being babysat by the owner. Cafés with English signage but only Spanish-speaking staff. Restaurants that are actually nightclubs, but the day manager will microwave you a burrito if he's awake. Restaurants that are closing tomorrow so all they have are hot dogs and beer.
>>
>>1542022
>Eating at a chain restaurant is a status symbol
I don't know about other big cities, but in LA, that status is "I don't have much money".
No one with money goes to eat at Olive Garden or Outback Steakhouse.
>>
>eating out

No wonder you guys have no money.
>>
>>1542886
Idiot, the point isnt not to spend but to earn more
>>
>>1542967
No it's not retarded. I know so many "rich" people who earn a lot but are debt slaves because they just have to have cars and watches and shit food. Get a grip
>>
File: 1474954518244.jpg (61KB, 612x409px) Image search: [Google]
1474954518244.jpg
61KB, 612x409px
>>1542886
lol don't get me started when it comes me and home cooked meals
I go full autist measuring the costs of meals, feels good mane
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.