[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investor Relations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

hi guys,

I'm interviewing with a firm that brands themselves as an 'independent capital markets advisory firm'. What I'm not sure about is if it's purely investor relations or if it involves ECM as well. I'm currently in Audit, and looking to get out - I don't know if I should wait for something better or go for this role. Could anyone provide an assessment of that from the below job descriptions:

The Role
Initially you will assist in servicing clients, including:
• Preparation of financial and market analysis and commentaries
• Analysis of companies’ equity ownership data and its contact with the investment community
• Liaising with clients’ investor relations teams
• Developing a good understanding of our clients’ businesses, their financial performance and the markets they operate in
• Researching and profiling international investors to prepare clients for meetings
• Tracking market consensus for clients
• Pulling together market information for Directors/Partners on current and prospective clients

Future Potential
Team members progress to all aspects of client service including:
• Preparation of detailed Investor Studies reflecting the views of institutional investors and including discussion of detailed financial and market analysis
• Interpretation of ownership data and advice on best practice investor meeting programmes
• Helping companies draft and refine both regular announcements and presentations as well as ad hoc releases and material for capital market days
• Build a detailed working knowledge of the UK market and institutional landscape, in order to give expedient advice to IR teams on targeting and suitability of institutional meetings requests
• Ad hoc advice on transactions, strategic change and corporate governance issues

Thanks
>>
>>1539567
Bump
>>
Do you have a good pair of knee pads?
>>
you mentioned audit. is that big 4 or no??
>>
>>1540034
Yes I'm at a big 4 in audit - this role is at another big 4 firm, but within their corporate finance department.

>>1540024
Depends on if it's worth it
>>
>>1539567
anything is better than audit
>>
>>1539567
Anyone able to provide any insight?

Thanks
>>
>>1540742
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.