[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are unbranded copies legal to import?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: stuck.png (191KB, 492x348px) Image search: [Google]
stuck.png
191KB, 492x348px
help me out /biz/

My google-fu is failing on me, so I come to you with a question:

is it legal to import unbranded copies of items (for example LG headsets are rampant on ebay, tons of them are listed without the LG name or logo anywhere on the item or the listing, obviously fakes.

I read about it years ago but I can't fully recall the answers. I want to say its legal as long as its not using copyrighted materials from companies

answers?
>>
>>1537400
it's definitely not legal if you sell it as LG if you sell it as unbranded chink copy of LG then it is completely legal.
>>
>>1537400
even though its an exact replica and potentially using stuff LG has copyrighted?
>>
>>1537404
that's not your problem but the manufacturers.
you can't deceive your customers that's all if they know what they are buying then the manufacturer is to blame for any infringement.
>>
>>1537568
i dont intend to try and pass anything off as a licensed product, but I assume theres copyright and patent laws that make it illegal to even produce things that use said copyright/patents

like those LG headsets i mentioned, the ones that are the -exact same-, but dont have the LG logo - thats legal? srsly?

can we back that up with some references? I'd like to take more than an anonymous strangers word on it before I do something that can put me in jail if wrong, lol
>>
>>1538745
Go read up on patent and trademark laws then nigga. No ones trying to be your unpaid paralegal
>>
>>1538757
if iw as any good at finding exact laws i would have done so already, thats why ive asked.

for some reason my google-fu has failed e in figuring this out, as i already stated in OP
>>
>>1538786
The only thing you would have to fear is getting sued by LG, and Do you really fucking think massive lg is going to give a fuck about a dude selling a few of their products? No its litterally not worth their time and they figure the shit quality will take care of the problem itself.
>>
>>1539325
actually yes, lawsuits like that occur all the time, is why im asking.
>>
>I can't figure this out on my own! Can someone answer this?
>yea sure here's your answer
>LOL like I'm gonna take some anonymous strangers opinion!
Eat a fat dick op
>>
>>1540733
requesting sources for assurance is a common practice...

are you retarded or just autistic?
>>
>>1540687
I agree with other guy, show some proof of these said lawsuits
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.