[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next for the Stock Market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1474316308156.png (27KB, 1040x354px) Image search: [Google]
1474316308156.png
27KB, 1040x354px
So I recently exited the stock market and put everything in a Vanguard money market.

I want to get back in the market, but everything seems so over priced.
We have been through brexit and rate hike risk.
What is the next major time to invest?
>>
Nobody here has a crystal ball. If you really think stocks are overpriced, short them.
Or just buy ETFs.
>>
>>1518704

>When to invest next?

Wew lad. Trying to time the market? If you look through every fucking page of your stock exchange and there is nothing good, then wait.

But of course, there is probably at least one good company to invest in. I suggest you do some homework on the stock exchange and search for companies doing good business.

Look for companies with good EPS growth, an attractive P/E ratio, good PEG ratio, companies in a good asset position, who generate cash and survive using their own cash, low levels of borrowing, and a good share price.
>>
Come in right after the rate hike this December, markets will be in turmoil due to the elections as well. Strike a balance between gold and bonds.
>>
>>1518709
>short them
My Vanguard account can't do that.

>>1518711
>there is probably at least one good company to invest in
Only one that interests me is Nelnet (nni).

>>1518716
>turmoil due to the elections as well.
Yeah, you are right I should probably just hold cash until the elections. Stock market might really react if Trump becomes President and his odds are good, like 45% in the polls.
>>
>>1518724
>nni

Earnings looks positive, receivables seems to be growing year on year, it seems to be in a reasonable asset position with working capital in excess of current liabilities.

Their cash flow statement worries me slightly, their receivables seem to have taken a dip, borrowings have increased, and revenues are down.

EPS fell from 2014 to 2015 too. Not sure if this is a good pick, I personally don't think I'd go for it
>>
>>1518795
>Not sure if this is a good pick, I personally don't think I'd go for it

Yeah it is more of a long term play. Might benefit more from a Clinton presidency with student loan reform. I have student loans through them is the only reason I know about them.

Disney is a tempting one on the short term. Might get a bounce in December with the Star Wars movie. I don't think ESPN matters as much as everyone says.
>>
>>1518704
You know money markets are allowed to float now right? Thanks SEC.
>>
>>1518855
They all changed to the Federal one, but I bought the Vanguard money market before the money moved into it. It has a higher rate of return and no, capital is safe. It is always a dollar a share.
>>
>>1518808

Instead of waiting for positive corporate events to boost up a company, I suggest you look for one which is already doing well. You should have no personal attachment to this organisation, and your money might be better spent now, by investing in something which is doing well.
>>
>>1518893
>by investing in something which is doing well.
I think correction time is close.
>>
>>1518903

Why wait rather than just looking for a different, better company?
>>
You've posted that same pic like 30 fucking times, if you have no idea what you're doing just stick with vanguard
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.