[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business strategy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: iCim4eXE_400x400.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
iCim4eXE_400x400.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
This word is thrown around a lot when you read about business. What exactly is "strategy"? I always assumed it was a fancy word for marketing, but now I've started seeing people treating it strategy as its own field of competence. I have read about people who have studied finance, and even economics, who now title themselves as "senior strategist" and so on. Can someone explain?
>>
Buy low
Sell high
>>
>>1517620

It's just something people say to make themselves feel better when they really have no idea what they are doing
>>
>>1517620
Strategy is basically agenda setting.
Where it differs from marketing is marketing is the products and services are already determined, the marketers have to present that to potential customers.

Good strategy takes feedback from markets to change the products and services on offer to capitalize on market insights.

Strategy is basically the nexus of everything in business: how much money you have, what your operations and pipeline is capable of, your metrics and data, your corporate culture... all that comes to ahead with strategy.

However, there's something everyone forgets, strategy is important, but it's nothing without execution. You can have an elaborate strategy which will leverage your operations and supply pipelines to give you a flexible product mix to make the most of seasonal variations in the market, but if you don't execute it, if you don't have a company culture and a clear line of communications you're fucked.
>>
>>1517620
Simultaneously trying to fuck over everyone else while avoiding getting fucked over yourself.
>>
>>1517656
What a strat! this will completely change my approach to investing.
>>
>>1520671
So strategy is the process of looking at what we can sell and then decide what to sell?
>>
It's basically things like kneepad brand selection, chapstick flavor, and truckstop location knowledge.

Higher level biz shit
>>
>>1517620
Literally pick a dictionnary and look it up. Also learn to make a difference between strategy and tactics.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.