[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying from Alibaba

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Dragon+ball+r_74d3db_5647391.jpg (80KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon+ball+r_74d3db_5647391.jpg
80KB, 780x585px
Has anyone ever tried buying in bulk from places like Alibaba and selling it for a hefty profit locally and online? Is it a dead end, anyone have any tips starting out?
>>
>>1516873
gotta move fast and be willing to make small profits to do this

buy a fuckton of phone cases for like 1.50 a pop and then resell them for 3 or 4 bucks on ebay
>>
>>1516873
>Make a Woocommerce/Shopify site where you sell aliexpress items in your niche.
>Make FB advertisements for a few items for "free + shipping costs"
>Have manufacturer deliver directly to customer
>??????
>Profit

Seems like every other person on/biz/ has done this method at some point.
>>
>>1516960
can you run this by me, how to do this exactly?
>>
>>1516967
Do I just set up the shop on say Shopify, and then when an order comes in, buy the quantity from the alibaba seller?
>>
>>1517001
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>1517013
Sounds easy enough.
>>
>>1518112
It sounds easy but it's a fair bit of work to make that first sale.
Hardest part is niche research. Spend a good month or so on this.
What niche you pick will determine whether or not you will sell anything.
Once you find a good one put up a few good ads on FB.
Progressively scale your successful ads and look into other forms of generating traffic.
It's just maintenance after that.
Rinse & repeat.

Congrats that's e-commerce/drop shipping 101
>>
Go check out "chink shit general " thread on /g/
>>
>>1516873
buy from aliexpress, less risk and bulk prices aren't _that_ good anyway
>>
>>1519044
>niche research
what do you do for this exactly, I've done a little as I'm selling some t-shirts online. I've done some audience targeting research but I haven't figure out how to find a niche in the first place, at least in a systematic way
>>
>>1519109
/CSG/ is for neets pretending they have friends sending them gifts.
>>
>>1519345
>what do you do for this exactly
There is no perfect answer to this.

I personally come up with a list of general keywords, then use a keyword tool to get into a more niche-y section.
My keyword tool of choice is longtail pro. So say I'm researching dieting.
Long tail pro will show me related keywords, search volume, general idea of marketing competition, etc.
From there I can find something more specific like weighted Pilates belts or some shit (I don't know if that's a real thing just pulling this out my ass).
But if it gets decent volume, I can source a quality product, and the competition isn't too bad then I'll try to do something with the idea.

but you could ask 100 people how they do it and everyone will give you a different answer.
just experiment with several methods till you find one that works.
>>
You can make a profit doing it, but you'll have better luck spending 10k up front with a distributor.
>>
>>1516873
i did that for a bit with sewing decorative such as glass crystals and payats
but i have to be honest with you anon it's alot of work for dimes and the only reason it was worth it for me is that i was working IT admin and had alot of free time infront of a computer anyway
>>
>>1519442
first helpful post i've read on 4chan
>>
File: Indian.jpg (41KB, 480x583px) Image search: [Google]
Indian.jpg
41KB, 480x583px
>>1519349

lmFAO
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.