[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dry bulk shipping is at the beginning of a recovery from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Dry bulk shipping is at the beginning of a recovery from the worst crisis in living memory.
If there's been a time to invest, it's now (or 3-4 months ago if you were a wizard).

Ships are now breaking even, some are even making some money. The market is picking up quickly, daily.

It's still not a healthy sector - most companies are drowning in debt with asset values wiped out. But it's still a very rare opportunity.
There hadn't been a similar crisis since 1985.
>>
>>1516036
What companies do you like specifically?
>>
>>1516105
There's not that many publicly listed, they can be counted on both hands.
>>
>>1516036
If Hanjin gets saved (it probably will be) the industry will be fucked.

Until trade volumes rise again, shipping is fucked
>>
>>1516245
>Until trade volume
Unlikely to happen soon.
>>
stay away from this sector. too many comeptitors for to low volume of trade. nobody is making money there.
>>
>>1516036
Was anyone here smart enough to invest in hanjin? Some hood money already made
>>
Can someone redpill me on SDRL and ISHCQ? Are these good?
>>
thx for the protip, but how can you be sure the crisis is over
>>
>>1517572
You can't.

As far as earnings and asset values are concerned, the sector has been on a non-stop upward trend since March.
Vessel values alone are up 30-40% compared to February, charter rates even more.

Most people expect the recovery within 2017 since no new dry bulk ships are being ordered and old ones are being scrapped.
But it's not going to recover overnight, if the market is indeed recovering in 2017 it has already started.
>>
>>1516036

$SEA , on sale right now!!
>>
>>1517825
That's shipping in general, not focused on dry bulk.

There's so many sectors in shipping, dry bulk, tankers, containers, gas carriers, offshore, shipyards, even shipbrokers are listed on the stock market in some cases.
You're not gonna get amazing returns from an ETF that just blindly invests in all of it. Each one has its ups and downs, mostly independent from the others.

Shipping is very cyclical in nature.
>>
>>1516036

No it's not. It still pretty over capacity in terms of ships to cargo. Way too many damned ships for the amount of cargo they have.
>>
File: balticdry.png (26KB, 760x322px) Image search: [Google]
balticdry.png
26KB, 760x322px
Could go either way. [spoiler]This is clearly a masturbating duck pattern.[/spoiler]

TA says it's either a rising U-cycle or the dead cat bounce in a typical Elliott downtrend. FA says that it's all shit, and will get shittier as the central banks bubble bursts.

t. I own some dry bulk preferreds
>>
>>1517895
Shieeet is that a double chinese dolphin esophagus pattern? Brb gotta talk to my broker
>>
>>1516036
With the widening of the Panama canal, profits should go up for the bigger carriers, as the post-panamax ships don't have to go around the cape or via the Suez canal. If they're still bigger than new panamax, then they're still fucked.
>>
>>1518063
The largest commonly used dry bulk ships (Capesizes) can comfortably fit through the new Panama canal.

The implications of this are not very clear yet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.