[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody on here ever use virtual assistants? What about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (144KB, 640x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 640x572px
Does anybody on here ever use virtual assistants?

What about Filipino virtual assistants?
>>
>>1515623
Would u trust pajeet with important and potentially confidential data?
>>
>>1515674
Good point. No I wouldnt.
>>
>>1515623
Yes. All the time.
Even if it's easy shit I could do myself,
That's not the point.
Bootstrapping is for when you are poor, or just starting out, or want to do a task so you can tell someone else how to do it.
If you want success, you shouldn't be doing easy shit, you should be doing higher level thinking.
Delegating tasks clears that space.

I haven't used Filipino ones, no.
I've used Indians.
John Jonas comes highly recommended for info on that in particular.

>>1515674
Then don't. I use 2 or 3 at a time, the data is so separated it's hard for them to do anything with it.
If it's financial or sensitive data, then you hire a fucking accountant / treasurer as appropriate.
If you need to process a lot of sensitive information, use a VA firm that's insured and secured, etc
>>
>>1516950
I'm curious. What exactly do you use a virtual assistant for?
>>
>>1516983
Wow, I don’t know where to start with this.
At this point, just about everything.

Simple example off the top off my head -
Web research.

I used to think 'I can do that myself, lol'
But the thing is, I get distracted too easily, I have severe ADHD, so this helps me massively.

And ideas come too fast for me, so I clear all my bookmarks, and at the end of the day, I would have 50 bookmarks again.
I would have 'open loops' I haven't closed - bits & pieces of information, and since there is infinite information now (information is replicated or produced faster than you can process it)

I have to 'let go' and act on 'imperfect information'
Otherwise I just spin my wheels and get nowhere.

Dan Peña talks about this a lot, the internet has a wealth of information, but there's too much, some is outdated, some is wrong, it's quantity over quality, too much noise, no signal.
And there is less focus than ever - it's worse for millenials, he can see the indecision is epidemic.

Look at this board, for example. People, me included, spend days discussing shit we might do, or might be a good idea, and getting every opinion we can get. He says just pull the trigger, do it, and if it goes wrong, look for where you went wrong, then move on.

Think even 20 years ago, you had the video or audio cassette or book in your hand you bought or borrowed, whatever media it is, and it cost time and money to get it.
You felt compelled to act, since good info took effort. Now we're spoiled, we have instant endless info.

I'm ranting now, but there you go.
Having a VA means I can say 'here's 50 things I thought about today, scrape all pdfs from page 1-3 of Google on those topics' - then I take action on that info, however incomplete, so I'm done with that, for now.

I tell VA #2 to act on 5 things today related to what I absorbed from VA #1.
Left to my own devices, I would fall down a rabbit hole on Wikipedia and find myself reading about mettalurgy or something.
>>
>>1516983
What exactly can you not / would not use a VA for?
Seriously, download any John Jonas stuff you can. All his stuff is free. A powerful concept he taught me was 'implement everything'.

Right now, you probably have maybe 5 ideas you could act on. But you probably won't. And neither will I.
There's a time cost, so time is wasted trying to decide which task to do or which opportunity to pursue.
So I don't. I get my VA's to do as much as possible.

Then I observe progress, and adjust accordingly.

What does a CEO do? He delegates.
He steers the ship, he doesn't shovel coal.
The sooner you acquire this habit, the better.
Even a shitty VA gets more done than me, since my livelihood doesn't depend on it, theirs does.

Given infinite options and infinite time, I will revert to default and do nothing, or try to discuss everything,which leads to frustration, boredom, which leads to me shopping online, shitposting, etc

A VA, paid on performance, will get more done, because if they don't do those 5 things today, they don't eat. If they do it well, they get a bonus.

Most motivational speakers or 'time management' type info, is aimed at people already time-poor - executives working for others. The 'guru' says 'just do this, or try this' - they leave out the real lever that gives you leverage.

When Tony Robbins says he did 'a, b & c' today, what he means is, he thought about those things, then wrote a memo and gave that to his PA.
>>
>>1517603
Negro knows his stuff.

>>1515623
>What about Filipino virtual assistants?
Some of them are remarkably good. Hint: the women usually work better than the men. This is true, afaik, for most of SEA.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.