[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pensions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1470688183140.jpg (75KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470688183140.jpg
75KB, 960x720px
If you are 35 or younger, do you believe that you will be entitled to a pension when you are in your 70's?

My view is that successive governments will pick away at this to fund their current projects.

If you agree or have a similar point of view, what is your plan instead?
>>
File: 1466511492397.jpg (94KB, 808x722px) Image search: [Google]
1466511492397.jpg
94KB, 808x722px
>>1512910
>do you believe that you will be entitled to a pension

sure, but by the time i get to that age it wont exist anyone. the austerity meme is starting to kick in, they've started cutting pensions in australia, along with family bonuses ect. the chickens have come home to roost. this was inevitable, especially in countries like the US where mandatory spending would surpass government revenue by 2050. i could spam the le baby boomers meme like everyone else or take responsibility for my own actions given that these benefits wont exist in the future

what am i going to do? sort my shit out, or drop dead. ive got 5k in my bank account at the age of 25 so im pretty well screwed for now
>>
>>1512910
Entitled isn't the right word.

If you pay taxes the government should be giving you a pension once you're past your used by date.
>>
You mean should I expect to get back money taken from me by force? Money which is promised to be kept for a later date to help assist me to live with dignity after contributing as a wage slave my whole life?

Well, yeah, that is a reasonable expectation, anyone non-retarded can see that

It's not gonna happen though

>actually believing government will be there for you

Well cucked
>>
>>1512910
As someone paying into a pension he doesn't plan on being able to cash
No. It looks like it's funded pretty well today but I highly doubt it won't be raided in the next 30+ years. Or even then that we won't have some sort of basic income to replace it. Or be dead duck it man I can't predict that far with the times were in.
>>
>>1512939
https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/pensions-vs-social-security
I'm not sure which item this thread is about but I could not work where I am to get out of my pension obligation. Social security is by force.
>>
>>1512940
It's probably more likely that it will be hijacked for basic income, which to me seems necessary since capitalism is constantly innovating and undermining itself all the same time

Basically like everything, it will have huge potential and then get ruined, just like everything else
>>
Will there be an inflection point where a significant portion of the working population realise that its a scam and stop voluntarily contributing to the pension industry?

Due to low returns, is it not effectively a pyramid scheme that requires an increasing amount of contributors to continue to pay out?
>>
>>1512910
No, i worked my whole life to get a 401k at 30. Then i learned what it was and canceled that shit. ...tryst my life to a stock market... baka.
>>
I think the entire concept of pensions is entitled. It's literally a ponzi scheme. I've never once thought I might get one and have planned to save my own money for myself, unlike previous generations who blew everything they got, when they lived in a golden age of prosperity and we live in the new long grind.

>>1512922

>don't pay taxes for pensions, instead get to take home that money and invest it how you like
>???
>no opportunity for corrupt officials to skim off the top and filth the pool up with shit investments

Social security is a scam. The nanny state taking your money because they think they know better than you what's good for you is unamerican. There is zero argument to why letting the government be in charge of your retirement, given their legacy of incompetence, graft, and thievery, is a good thing.

Get out you commie scum.

>>1512968

This pretty much. The only positive is an employer match, and even then it might not be worth it, I would have to work out a calculation.
>>
in my country, you get free money when you hit 65.. around $1000 month

I dont think it will be available for me in the future. I have no evidence, but i just feel like the world is getting shittier
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.