[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make me believe in myself? I can't start doing anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: aiden.png (533KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
aiden.png
533KB, 640x598px
How to make me believe in myself? I can't start doing anything to get me rich. Napoleon Hill said that we have to desire things in order to get them.

I just can't do it because i don't believe i can do it. How to overcome that? I can project myself into a rich guy and I know i want it.

It's wishing, not desiring.
>>
>>1510740
What have you tried sofar?
>>
>>1510747
Well I have been thinking about making a relatively low budget mobile game to make some money. I had some desire at the beginning, projecting success into my head.

But I can't keep momentum of my desires. They quickly vanish and are not as strong as they should be, I think. It all comes from me not believing in myself. That I can really carry this project further, like every one before that.
>>
>>1510753
So you've been thinking of developing a game? What have you done so far to move towards making a game?
>>
>>1510740
you probably suspect (quite correctly) that almost nobody gets rich off designing a game. More people actually get rich by playing professional football or becoming a rock star.

your odds are slim.

perhaps start with a goal that has a better chance of success?
>>
>>1510848
It's true that starting any kind of successful business is like people actually becoming professional basketball players in the NBA. But where did those guys start? By learning how to dribble the ball while standing, then learning how to dribble the ball and walk at the same time, then learning how to dribble the ball and run at the same time, and so forth.

Similarly with professional writers. Loong before they ever became professional writers the first stuff they write is always absolute crap. Its only after lots of practice do they develop the skills to finally reaching their goal of being a professional writer, but they do finally get there.

We need to know where OP is in the journey, has OP at least picked up the basketball yet? Started to dribble it?
>>
>>1510861
talent and natural ability plays as much a role as practice though.

Maybe OP is going to write the next great game, but without talent and a bit of luck in addition to all that hard work it's just not going to happen.
>>
>>1510861
Its kind like this comment someone write in a recent thread about Elon
>>1509036
>Learn everything you can about engineering and space. If you truly want to emulate him, then you're going to need to spend about 16 hour days reading and comprehending and absorbing knowledge that pertain to his fields of study. If you aren't going to give it that kind of dedication, then you aren't going to see results.

Everyday of his life he got up and got to work making one small step towards his goals. He only needed to believe that today he could take a step closer towards his goals.

When you first go to the gym you can barely lift 10kilo/22lbs but after a week of working at that you find it's quite easy and move on to the next bigger challenge and maybe for you thats 20kg/44lbs and at first its difficult but after a week of working at that level you find it too is becoming easier.
>>
>>1510848
Well you can hit a jackpot with mobile games and they aren't difficult to make. Mobile games industry is a good opportunity now.

>>1510834
Ive designed the general concept (what this game is about) and lesser things like boosts and other shit like that. I just lost my desire to carry this project further, even if its not that hard to do.

>>1510879
Yes, I think I am talented in making games without really doing them. Its my perception of course but I feel that way.
>>
>>1510884
Its true mobile is still in the wild west goldrush phase.

So if I understand you correctly, you already have the game's concept designed and mapped out and you poses the skills necessary to design the game's programming and the game's user interface and do work to build it, the programming and user interface. But you lack the motivation to get off your ass and get to work?
>>
>>1510884
>I think I am talented in making games without really doing them. Its my perception of course but I feel that way
carry on then.

you don't have to visualize yourself being rich to get there. That's some kinda motivational speaker shit right there. I'd guess most rich people didn't plan on it and were a bit surprised when it happened even though that was nominally their goal.

the other anon is correct. You just get some short term goals you can reach and you work to reach them. Eventually you've reached the end goal. That will turn out to suck so you go through the whole process again. And again and again until you begin to really wonder why you're wasting your time. And then suddenly something works after your tenth or ten thousandth time and holy fucking shit you made some money!

what you do after that is up to you, but the key is to take small bites and don't give up even when you work your ass off and fail anyways. Keep failing and eventually you'll fail to fail. It only needs to happen once.
>>
File: ss.png (353KB, 900x1745px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
353KB, 900x1745px
Try looking into techniques such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique its where you divide your day's tasks into like 20 chunks of work and take small breaks in between.
For psychological things,

If you're having trouble staying on task because you're having trouble focusing or having problems with your attention then look into mindfullness meditation. This is like going to the gym but for your mind. Pic related. And if you still have problems with your focused attention then consult with a doctor.

You also could check into things that could be affecting you psychologically like are you eating a good diet with lots of healthy foods, are you getting enough physical activity, are you getting enough social time, are you getting enough laughter?
>>
>>1510740
You're not special, you're not unique, everyone can do something that people will pay money for. Even retards.

Make a decision right now to stop the fucking pity party and JUST DO IT. It doesn't matter if you believe in yourself or not, just fucking do it.

Want to make a mobile app, but don't think you'll be successful? Fucking make the mobile app anyways.

I never believed I could do lots of things that I have now done. I didn't believe I could do them up until the moment I did them. It didn't stop me from trying because what's the worst that happens if you fail?
>>
Thanks you for all the insight you have provided. I may not use all of it but i have thought about everything you said.

>>1510924
Are there any mindfullness meditation techniques you could recommend? Assuming there are many.
>>
>>1510930
I'd agree with this, for sure. You don't have a belief issue, you have a lazy issue
>>
File: last supper.jpg (47KB, 720x327px) Image search: [Google]
last supper.jpg
47KB, 720x327px
I have huge desire for pussy and other materialist stuff, like nice cars and airplanes, but also swimming pools and villa's, that aims me ! I also want to invest in spacex, blueorigin, and space, and I love Cryptocurrency and libertarian thought. I also want to help Israel and the Jews. Goodbye!
>>
>>1510930
>It didn't stop me from trying because what's the worst that happens if you fail?
Humiliation and alienation from people that trusted you.
>>
>>1510740
Set a date where you tell yourself that you'll totally give up on yourself if you don't hit a certain goal.
>>
Break down the thing you want to do into steps. Then start doing the steps. Stop just not doing it. If you spent half the time you probably spend worrying about not having money on this game you'd be working on a sequel by now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.