[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tesla/solarcity merger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Tesla-Motors-logo.png (81KB, 2000x2890px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Motors-logo.png
81KB, 2000x2890px
What are your guys thoughts about the Tesla Solarcity merger? Do you think it will go through? Will the shareholders approve it?

I'm more interested about the arbitrage oppurtunity, about 28% profit potential from current share prices. Since scty is just about at record lows, i dont think the share price could go much lower. So, even if the merger falls through and I'm stuck with scty shares, i could sell them for what i paid for them.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>1510451
>i dont think the share price could go much lower

Oh sweet child

Solarcity is the company that Tesla has been hiding it's true losses in. They're just being forced finally acquire it

Everything Musk touches is a colossal failure
>>
>>1510459
Holding onto the scty shares would be the worst case senario. I think theres also a possibility of the scty shares going up if the merger falls through, i mean they fell a great deal when the merger was announced, seems like investors dont want it to happen.

I havent read the financial reports of scty, but how can a company hide their losses in another company?
>>
>>1510477
>how can a company hide their losses in another company?

>Company issues bullshit invoices to another company
>Suddenly they are 'profitable'
>Other company pays the invoices and implodes.

Oversimplifying by quite a bit here, but at it's core, it's the same way companies move profits overseas. Not saying that's what's happening here because I truthfully haven't looked into it thoroughly, but that's the general gist of how it's done.
>>
>>1510451
I put 5,000 into SCTY on Friday. My money is on Musk. He's single handily revolutionizing industries that have been stagnant for over 50 years. If the Tesla price holds steady I'll make an easy 30%.
>>
>>1510451
He's just playing a shell game with Tesla/Solar City debt so he can save Space X and his government money shelter. He's cooked. Tesla is overvalued and investors don't want Tesla to take on Solar City debt which is why the merger probably won't happen.
>>
>Friendly reminder Tesla is a Ponzi scheme

It would be one of the world's greatest memes consuming another meme.
>>
Posted this in the other thread as well.

Really thinking about throwing some yolo money at this. Since I have no SCTY shares right now, what happens to the amount not converted at 9 to 1, cash payout? And what is the timeline for receiving the Tesla shares?
>>
>>1510490
Hmmm i see, ill have to look more into this. If im stuck holding scty shares i want to see how shitty of a company they are.

>>1510681
You either get fractional shares or just cash. I dont know much about fractional shares but i hear there hard to sell.
>>
>>1510451
What's the deal with these 4 lawsuits going on right now?
>>
>>1510451
>He's just playing a shell game with Tesla/Solar City debt so he can save Space X and his government money shelter. He's cooked. Tesla is overvalued and investors don't want Tesla to take on Solar City debt which is why the merger probably won't happen.
the price will go up if people trust in it and see that it has potential to be known and saw for
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.