[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new at pascal!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

hello guys i have found this a minutes ago (http://pastebin.com/fDaAhueQ)
you can find in this pastebin a poor explanation on how to profit with pascal, zcash and monero.
Well, im new to this, i started a few minutes ago, and i dont know how to set up vultr with pascal software. can someone guide me a little please? thanks a lot guys.
>>
>>1510446
fuck pascal, fuck this guide. I replicated it and found that on the cheapest server I would hash 50 hashes a second (read: a maximum of .01 monero a day for one computer. On the more expensive 8 core VPS it cost me 2 dollars to mine twenty cents of ethereum. This guide was a meme. Not salty, glad I took the time to do it... but what a waste.
>>
>>1510525
>>1510446

Here, I'll even give you the instructions i built for myself. Took me ages to figure this shit out on my own, finding dependencies, shit was broken everywhere. If you're willing to waste the fuck out of your time /biz/, be my fucking guest.

watch out for thread dependent flags and replace my address, or mine for it, i dont give a fuck

http://pastebin.com/mK8172vQ
>>
>>1510525
*monero not ethereum

don't be on the coin meme
>>
>>1510446
>>1510525

yes these servers are not a good idea for mining monero or ethereum.

for pascal coin however, it may prove profitable since we don't know what the price of each coin will end up being when it goes to market.

As far as getting it set up:

>Get set up with vultr
>Deploy a server
>I've found the most blocks with a dedicated 2 core instance. Not sure why, but that 2 core with 1800kh/s outperforms the 8 core I tried with 5000kh/s and the other 2 core virtual compute with 1400kh/s. For comparison the 1800 found 7 blocks so far, the 1400 found 1, the 5000 found 0.
>So I would suggest deploying several 2 core dedicated servers. Make sure to use windows for your OS it will be another $16/month but it makes it so much easier.
>Wait for them to install
>Open up the terminal and login
>Turn firewall of, turn IE enhanced security off
>Download pascal coin wallet/miner
>Go to options in pascal, change number of cpus (default is 1)
>wait

hope that helps. if you have more questions let me know.
>>
>>1510446
really, all you did was give this guy $10 per referral for free servers for the next 12 years.>>1510541
how the fuck are you mining 1800kh/s? is it pascal coin? also, fuck investing real money on speculation of a non-active coin.

SPend ur money on something else. spend ur itme on something else
>>
>>1510557
yeah its pascal coin. I'll spend my time and money on what I like. So far I've paid $9 for 800 pascal so as long as they're worth $.01125/.000019btc I'll break even.
>>
>>1510541
How do you choose a dedicated vs virtual core server? All I see is just "2 Cores"
>>
>>1511094
you click on 'dedicated instance'.

probably better off sticking with the virtual compute though. $20 for ~1200kh/s or $60 for 1800kh/s. But the 1800 has found so many blocks, still not sure why. I've tried 7 different configurations of servers and nothing's found more than 1 block, while my $60 dedicated instance has found 8 in 2 days.
>>
With how many Kh/s are you mining and how many blocks have you got in which timeframe?
>>
>>1511180
I have:
2x 2048mb ram 2 core ~1200kh/s each. they have found 3 blocks combined. one is 2.5 days old, the other is 14 hours old.
1x 8192mb ram 2 core dedicated instance ~1800kh/s, found 8 blocks in 2.5 days
1x 16384mb ram 4 core dedicated instance
~3500kh/s, found 2 blocks in 1.5 days

So far I've paid $17 for 1300 pascal.
>>
Pascalcoin is riding the anonymous coin bubble right now which has proven super profitable for every anonymous coin right now. As well as being written in a new language is which a huge plus.

Honestly, I'd mine it. I'm gonna miss this pump sadly.

But if you guys are new to mining, I do suggest trying this out and figuring out mining. Seeing how many people are having problems with it, if you figure it out, you can start mining ZCash without a problem which is the better coin to mine when it comes out in 6 weeks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.