[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating Apps without Staff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20160517-WA0002.jpg (246KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160517-WA0002.jpg
246KB, 1066x1600px
How do I get my app(s) up and running when I have no background in computer science and don't yet know any engineers/developers who can visualize a bigger picture other than working a secure job?
>>
>>1510207
There are plenty of resources online that will help you learn the both the techniques and tools required to program and publish an application. Alternatively, you could always acquire funding and pay some developers.

Most experienced programmers, or even college students with the requisite knowledge, won't work solely for equity because someone out there is willing to pay them for the knowledge they spent so long acquiring.

If you're willing to learn to program and want an easy way to make mobile apps for both iOS and Android, check out ionic framework.
>>
>>1510214
I'm guessing programming takes a long time to learn and I have lost most of my mathematics skills because I haven't used advanced math in years.

Reasonably speaking, how long would it take me to have the wherewithal to program a professional app that uses video, has upload features, has log-in, chat, sleek design, and animated graphics?

If learning to make an app isn't too viable for me, what is a reasonable amount of money and time to be expected if I have to hire programmers? Also what legal clauses should I include in the contract to better ensure one of the developers doesn't steal the idea?
>>
>>1510239
Nevermind on the programming speed. Found out it takes about 5 weeks to learn html, css, and Javascript which is apparently all I need for ionic framework.

However, I would still be interested in knowing if I need more than me and how much money/time I should expect to sink into the app.
>>
>>1510207
Simple - you don't.
>>
>>1510269
Defeatism is simple, too.
>>
>>1510268
>5 weeks to learn html, css, and Javascript
LMAO

Ok, let us know how that goes OP. See you in 5 weeks!
>>
>>1510277
I got my info off Quora and the answers on there obviously aren't going to be that reputable. What should I realistically factor in for time to learn?

Personally, I would rather not learn but if it wasn't much of a time commitment it might be worth the money saved from hiring other people for fairly simple apps.
>>
>>1510290
You have 2 options: Learn the skills or hire someone who already knows them. It will take you a long, long time to learn enough about coding to actually get a half-decent app created.
>>
>>1510239
>>1510268
>uses video, has upload features, has log-in, chat, sleek design, and animated graphics

In that case, you're also going to need to provide server side functionality. Anything that requires logins, uploads, record keeping, etc requires a server to service requests from your application. You can get a more detailed rundown by googling 'server side vs client side applications'.

>what is a reasonable amount of money and time to be expected if I have to hire programmers

That obviously depends on the requirements of your application. It can go anywhere from from $20/hour to over a hundred. It really depends on the level of experience the programmer has. You can gauge how much it'll cost by browsing similar projects on upwork or posting some classified ads in your area.

>what legal clauses should I include
You'd have to talk to a lawyer about that if you're really serious about it. Probably some sort of NDA clause.
>>
>>1510293
Thanks, I figured that hiring would be my best option.
>>
>>1510297
Thank you. Your post was very helpful.
>>
YouTube.
Start from the very beginning, there's an absolute fuck ton of full sets.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.