[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do car sales men sell cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1474168950332.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474168950332.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
How do car sales men sell cars?
>>
>>1509465
by selling a fiction about the car that the mark (or customer if you prefer) becomes drawn into, believing that their life will be substantially better if they buy said car
>>
>>1509470

but that's fraud
>>
By triggering maternal instincts in women and social status in men.
>>
A always
B be
C closing

Two words: brass balls
>>
>>1509472
How so? You cant say it wont be better.
>>
File: 1473314008177.png (516KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
1473314008177.png
516KB, 840x595px
>>1509472
The term is puffery. Puffery is legal.
>>
>>1509472
It's unethical, but you have to understand people in sales are barely human, so it doesn't bother. Also, you're an idiot to buy something for many thousands of dollars without having it inspected first.
>>
>>1509465
I can tell you how I've sold hundreds of cars.

>online listing for $1500-$2000 more than I paid
>OBO
>wait a week, ignore lowballs
>someone offer $1000-$1500 more than I paid
>"Ok you seem like a nice guy so I'll let you have it for that."

it's that easy and it's never let me down.
>>
the implication that their family might die if they don't drive the car off the lot today
>>
>>1509594
Glengarry Glen Ross is a good movie huh?
>>
>>1509465
> person wants car

>salesmen middle man for no fucking reason

>sells car

That's it I fucking hate salesmen,pointless cunts
>>
>>1510236
This. When I went to buy my truck a couple months ago I stopped at mutliple dealerships to test drive different models and every single salesman/saleswomen I interacted with was there to tell me where to sign. All the info I needed to make a decision was online already
>>
>>1509465

They literally sell them selves,

You can have kiosks there with a swipe menu that would do a better job than some car salespeople.
>>
>>1510276
Some dealerships are doing this now. At the dealership I bought my last car at, everything is online. They have a massive warehouse where you ask someone to get you the car and you take a test drive alone after giving them your information. No haggling, sales people are only there to get managers and work out financing. They were packed with people and it all went very quickly. I'd honestly expect other dealers to start operating this way as it is a lot more efficient and cuts out a lot of the bullshit that keeps people from wanting to buy cars.
>>
>>1509594

/thread
>>
People typically only go to car dealerships when they want to buy a car. The buyer already has a good idea what kind of car they want.

A "dealership representative" is probably a better name for these people. They might give you a sales pitch or whatever, but you already know that you want to buy that car. Chances are, you've already done all the research you need before you step on the lot.

The only real work they have to do is try to race the other salesmen to get to the customer first when they see them on the lot. After that, its gravy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.