[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you invest in oil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pumpjack.jpg (100KB, 1008x566px) Image search: [Google]
pumpjack.jpg
100KB, 1008x566px
How many of you invest in oil?
>>
>>1509282
I don't invest in it, but I made buckets of cash trading futures while it crashed.
Good times.
>>
how can we make artificial oil
>>
I bought oil sector funds back when oil was booming and made some sweet cash. Now the market is too volatile, but maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Also as a Canadian the TSX has access to a lot of cool oil minors. I'll let you know which one I pick after I invest in it :^).
>>
File: comf.gif (2MB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
comf.gif
2MB, 500x627px
>>1509282
From October 2015 until like early January I messed around a bit in DWTI (3x inverse crude oil ETF) but I've stayed away from it all year.
>>
Yes about every two weeks I put a twenty in my tank. That's about it
>>
>>1509282
CVX stays at a consistent price, but I usually invest in ancillary businesses. I made some good money with SLCA.
>>
>>1509282
Bought oil sector etf Aug 3 got out Aug 21 did decently
>>
File: Economics Established.gif (4MB, 225x126px) Image search: [Google]
Economics Established.gif
4MB, 225x126px
>>1509282
Right now is the best time to invest in oil, as 40% of the east coast's oil just got cut off friday via the Colonial Pipeline in northern Alabama near the Tennessee border. They are said to not have it fixed until November, and its gonna be ComfyAf until we get there. So invest, as I can almost guarantee with 99.9% accuracy that oil will boom this week due to it.
(Sauce: /Tennfag/ here)
>>
I lost a couple of hundred on oil this quarter. Sucks, but it's bound to rise, right?
>>
>>1509362
Very easily.

Just break down water, discard the oxygen, and fix the hydrogen to carbon from the air.

The problem is it takes energy to break apart water and air and build up the hydrocarbon.

Where will you get the energy to do it?

Fusion, thorium, solar?

Los Alamos says they can make gasoline out of nuclear power for 4.60 per gallon:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/science/19carb.html?referer=http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/19/459572/-Going-Green-with-Nuclear-Powered-Gasoline-Factories?showAll=yes
>>
>>1509282
I hold shares in RDS-B. I'm set to collect some dividends tomorrow.
>>
>>1510502

It's a gasoline pipeline that has gone down. So, can't it be the case that as refineries aren't physically capable of pushing out that same volume of gasoline, that crude purchases will slow, leading to an ever greater crude build as refinery inputs slow so dramatically? I also recently read (EIA report I think?) that refineries have been operating at something like 90% capacity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.