[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books on Security Analysis? Is this one any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What are the best books on Security Analysis?
Is this one any good or just a meme
>>
File: bddefinitionleon-c1080.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bddefinitionleon-c1080.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
You realise graham wrote the books 60 years ago during the time stocks were traded on paper cupongs? So, meme be it
>>
>>1509263
don't they update it (this is the sixth edition) and provide examples of how it works with todays technology?

have you read it ? are there any others you'd recommend instead of this?
>>
>>1509276
No I haven't. If I would like to read historical literature I would probably read about medieval times and knights, pirates and vietnam war hehe
>>
>>1509256

It's good. Everything Graham wrote is relevant today still. I've read Intelligent Investor, am reading the reprint of Interpretation of Financial Statements, and his 1940 reprint edition of Security Analysis.
>>
>>1509284
That's what I thought
>>
>>1509291

You think the thoughts of a moron
>>
>>1509297
?

I meant that he hadn't read it. Not what he said about it
>>
bumping for info
>>
You don't need to read gigantic books where 90% of the content isn't relevant any more.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Common-Sense-Investing/dp/0470102101

Have a read of the one above, it cuts to the chase a lot more and is more relevant to the 21st century.

Also, no book is going to teach you this stuff. You need to start learning about financial instruments and funds and how they work. If you can gain an understanding of these you're off to a great start.

Also, you shouldn't be trading stocks until you really know what you're doing. Benjamin Graham would be telling you to throw your money into an ETF for now and leave it there, not to read these gigantic books.
>>
>>1509428
thanks will do
>>
>However, by the 1970s, Graham stopped advocating a careful use of the techniques described in his text for security analysts in selecting individual stock investments, citing that "in the light of the enormous amount of research now being carried on, I doubt whether in most cases such extensive efforts will generate sufficiently superior selections to justify their cost. To that very limited extent I'm on the side of the "efficient market" school of thought now generally accepted by the professors."[1] Graham stated that the average manager of institutional funds could not obtain better results than stock market indexes, since "that would mean that the stock market experts as a whole could beat themselves — a logical contradiction".[1] Regarding portfolio formation, Graham suggested that investors use "a highly simplified" approach that applies one or two criteria to security prices "to assure that full value is present", relying on the portfolio as a whole rather than on individual securities.[1]

Probably wouldn't use it since its creator no longer values it.
>>
>>1509435
hahahah
thanks
guess i probably shouldn't waste my time then
>>
>>1509507
>>1509507
Reading it now. It is great.

Also, google "Rule One Investing Podcast." It is the best podcast about investing from Phil Town. Skip episode 0, start with 1, it's dense. They have about 75 episodes now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.