[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an employer dismiss you from a 12 month contract after 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Can an employer dismiss you from a 12 month contract after 2 weeks?
Because that's what's happened to me.
They didn't have a real good reason, they just said they're going to" reassess" the position to see if they actually need it. But I think it was just a different way to say I wasn't good enough.
I feel like it's not fair though, I didn't do anything at all wrong, there was no conflict or anything, I just feel like I didn't get a chance.
Can I do anything??? I'm in Australia btw
>>
>>1507418
It probably says in the contract that they or either party can terminate it with a certain amount of notice or no notice.
>>
Which industry do you work in?

When I am staff heavy I terminate the contract or reduct it's commitment by using the "as the business requires" clause under the award, or Union agreement.

Salary is terminated by removing the position and recreating it by reallocating the tasks under a new title and adding or subtracting some responsibilities.

Fair work has no issues with these methods.

But, in fairness if you are intact an asset to the company you have every right to ask for clarification.

Be prepared for the "value" question though. How do you provide value to the company and your position, both monetarily and intrinsically.
>>
>>1507446
*in fact
>>
Read your contract.
>>
Maybe your first 30 days are probationary and you can be dismissed at any time.

Seriously we can only hypothesize, read your fucking contract.
>>
>>1507418
In the US at least employment contracts aren't legally binding because they're not specific enough about the work or the compensation to stick.

If you write one up that IS legally binding the person isn't an employee, they're a contractor.

you can break a non-binding "contract" any time you want. Actually you can break a binding one as well if the other person can't afford to sue you for it.
>>
>>1507475
this is likely

it's also more likely that you just didn't impress them in the roll and they were too cowardly to fire you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.