[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ we need to address something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (178KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1058x705px
How come a good number of recruiters/hiring managers say you don't have the right qualifications or that they're better people with higher qualifications when those people that are hired have irrelevant background than the job's industry focus and/or non transferable skills?

While chucklefucks like us with relevant majors and skills get sacked for those who don't know shit and don't belong there?

Serious here, is it nepotism?
>>
>>1503717
Interested too, bump
>>
>>1503717
conections, sometimes the big boss says they are hiring a friend's niece but still hold the selection process for keks
>>
>>1503750
Well shit. What can a guy do to get a job with no connections? Especially when emails and call requests for informational interviews don't get you any replies?
>>
>>1503717
>the recruiters are just and kind people
The recruiters are people and are governed by emotions, just like most people. You may have all the knowledge of the world, and still they won't hire you in favor of other people who know much less. Yes, sometimes it's their niece. Sometimes it's their hangover day. But most of the time you didn't manage to sell yourself correctly.

For a job nowadays you don't just need qualifications. You need to show smarts, you need to sell yourself correctly, and to present more than you can actually achieve raising less suspicion that you would raise if you told the truth.

I will tell you my experience. I am self taught and generally considered "smart" in the communities i'm part of. But i have shit to show for a CV. I have finished high school, then got a diploma in a God forsaken institute that was so worthless that it actually shut down 2 years i finished, so i lost my credentials. I am self taught at my field basically.

I took a great amount of time to research how to make a good cv and how to present myself. I managed to land a management job against two people who had 3 different degrees and knew double the amount of languages than me on a Scandinavian level printing company.

So, learn some skills, but also learn how to convince others that you have those skills, and even better, that those skills are actually needed in the company.
>>
>>1503798
It's honestly a numbers game. Apply to any decent job that you barely even qualify for. I worked for minimum wage with a Bachelor's in Computer Science and threw out 180 applications over 3 months. I got 2 interviews, landed the second job, got promoted, left after 2 years for a 60% raise, and got a promotion within a year.

Corporate life is easy. Getting in takes effort.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.