[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restaurant franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1473931097309919797466.jpg (950KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1473931097309919797466.jpg
950KB, 3840x2160px
I was thinking about having a domino's pizza restaurant franchise in Belgium, what am concerned about is it worth giving 40000 EUR to invest?? Please advise me, and tell me about pros cons of it, thanks.
>>
>>1503608
pretty dumb desu

if you wanna make pizza don't pay some retard company to make pizza and be beholden to their guidelines
>>
>>1503608
dont' do franchise you're just buying a job
>>
>>1503608
Waste of time.
7% royalty,
7% of food cost is inflated - kick back - can only buy those inflated ingredients, keeping your food costs at the higher end of 20%.
I think there is a 3% advertising / war chest from memory

Your labour is 30% if you appoint a manager and don't work in it yourself.

Who knows what your overheads will be.

Revenue is erroded because of 'competitive marketing'

Your profit margins will be very, very low.

Was a Dominos AU manager for 5 years under a franchisee. I begged borrowed and stole to make shit work sometimes... I knew what we had and didn't have.

Also, get used to the corporate mindfuck that is "Operations Evaluation" or OER.

It's the only operating standard I have ever seen that has flexibility of interpretation.
>>
Also.
"If for any reason a customer is unhappy with their Dominos Pizza purchase, we will refund or remake the order"

Learn it, live it, learn to hate it.

Especially when corporate makes more decisions for your business than you ever will.
>>
You would be better off getting a job at an existing franchise, learning the business, then starting your own pizza place.

A while back a mom and pop pizza shop in my area opened within spitting distance of a Papa Johns and Dominos. Both are bleeding business to the mom and pop pizza place.

The power to make your own decisions about managing your business outweighs any perceived benefit being a franchisee, imo.
>>
>>1504053
I think of its done right it can be far more profitable.

As a side project we worked out that, on ingredients alone we were able to drop 5% off of food costing. That assumes everything else remains the same.

The war chest isn't needed, unless you want an 'in case shit happens' fund.

Accept competitors coupons and upsell like a muthafucker - bring the margin in line with sides and drinks.

There is no added benefit to a franchise model other than fast tracking store ownership, and "brand protection" with is bullshit. Customers aren't brand driven anymore.

Just thought I would add my spin on it.
>>
Don't invest in franchises or restaurants unless they serve alcohol.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.