[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just noticed that I implicitly view Mastercard as inferior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: standard-cc-intro.png (57KB, 288x208px) Image search: [Google]
standard-cc-intro.png
57KB, 288x208px
I just noticed that I implicitly view Mastercard as inferior to Visa.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Is it because their logo sucks?
>>
I view them as all the same. Maybe 15-20 years ago one was better than the other. Now virtually every store accepts both.
>>
>>1503124
Mastercard is stuck in the 80s/90s in the public psyche. Visa is the international card of the future. Amex is for people who want to appear rich. PRAISE VISA
>>
>>1503146

Do they just need to rebrand?

Why are they sticking with the two fucking circles?
>>
As an Australian I view Mastercard and visa as equals
Idk how it works in the states or Europe but here you don't even get a choice it just depends on which one your bank went with, so no real difference.

And I view Amex as the next level up purely cause they're rare here
>>
>>1503124
canada here
mastercard and visa were equally accepted everywhere, but now walmart will not be accepting visa
>>
>>1503124
There are no good Visa credit cards. I mainly use my Citi Doublecash and it's a Mastercard. My debit card is a Visa but I only use it for withdrawing cash from ATMs.
>>
UK here. Visa seems to be the preferred brand (Barclays recently made the decision to switch Barclaycard from MasterCard to Visa) but in practice both are accepted just about anywhere.

Amex comes a very poor third place though.
>>
I care not for such trifles
>>
Who fucking cares? It isn't like the '70s or whatever, when some stores only accepted one or the other. You just pick the one with the best rewards/lowest rate (or, if you're a typical credit card user, you just start using the first one that you get a pre-approval offer in the mail for).
>>
>>1503176
> no good Visa cards.
How about any of the Chase Sapphires or Bank of America Cash Rewards? They're all Visa and are pretty good. My BofA Cash Rewards card has better rewards than my Citi Double Cash (only because of the preferred rewards interest rate booster, but a base of 1%/2%/3% on everything/gas/groceries isn't bad)
>>
>>1503317
stay far away from Chase anything. you'll be nickel and dimed for every nickel and dime.
>>
>>1503319
Yeah, I only have a credit card with them (no bank accounts). The sign on bonus for my Chase Sapphire Preferred was pretty good, you can redeem your points for decent rewards, and you can feel like a big shot when you hand the cashier your heavier card.
>>
>>1503324
>not having AMEX centurion
Poorfags I swear
>>
>>1503176
Aeroplan cards + Amex gold. Transfer points between the both at 1:1
>>
>>1503176
Pretty much this. I have a visa card, but I can't remember the last time I used it outside of this one local hardware store only accepting visa. Master Card and Amex just have better cards period.

Discover is fucking useless. Literally the ONLY reason anyone in my family has one is because my college accepted Discover and Amex (and I didn't have amex at the time, my mother never had one), and my bank fucked up a wire transfer in a manner spectacular enough for me to get the FTC involved.
>>
>>1503530
Discover is essentially for poor people.
>>
>>1503146
Ha. Amex have the best points to dollar ratio.
I use a linked diamond Amex with Mastercard so when I come across a business charging a surcharge I swap to Mastercard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.