[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real Estate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (109KB, 882x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 882x960px
Sup biz

Can you guys help me convince my rich father that buying a luxury condo in downtown Chicago is a worthwhile investment?
Dude is convinced its a bad investment and is obsessed with foreign investment in land and only ever interested local businesses. Can you guys help? Thanks
>>
>>1502206
>chicago

Its like you want to be shot. Go get your own money if you want to buy something instead of relying on daddy
>>
>>1502206

Tell dad to buy you a nice luxury condo in Somalia. It's safe there, too, like Chicago.
>>
>>1502222
Nice digits, if you dont know the difference between Downtown and Englewood please dont reply
>>
>>1502206
he might be right.

luxury condo in downtown usa is a *safe* investment.
african land grab is a potentially very *profitable* investment.

which investment is right for him depends on his net worth, portfolio, risk affinity and expected annual roi.

how are we supposed to make such a judgement call without any info?
>>
>>1502306
He already has a couple gas stations, a carwash, a Dunkin, recently sold some land for 100k and some change. Net worth with the house is around 3-4 mil? House around 500k if that helps. The man will not tell me his liquid assets but i know its 100k at least from the sale of land right? Idk his risk affinity, but he would want something he can flip fast, or develop and hold long term as long as he can start turning a profit in 5 years.
>>
>>1502336
>as long as he can start turning a profit in 5 years.
yeah, no. definitely no luxury condos then. in residential property you're in it for the long run. there's a reason he's only in business properties right now. they follow completely different rules. don't expect a luxury condo to turn a profit in 20 years unless you happen to know the next hot place that goes through the roof.

let him play. it's his money. if he's looking for the fast money in foreign markets - make sure he doesn't bite off more than he can chew, but if he wants to sink a few 100k on the off-chance of making big big money - sure! you're inheritance is not really endagered here. win some, lose some. he's probably not the best suited, but gotta pay for experience somehow...
>>
>>1502357
Inheritence is cool but im trying to smash whores and throw parties in a luxury apartment, oh well. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>1502336
Sounds like he has no clue what he's doing and should listen to your condo speculation scheme.

/sarcasm
>>
>>1502336
If you had half a brain you would shut up and try learn everything you can from him.
>>
Your Dad is rich so he knows what he's doing. You don't. Investing in condos is never a good investment. You don't own any land. That is the real value of real estate. Land appreciates. HOA fees will never let you get ahead and make any profit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.