[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing in Australia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: supreme gentleman .gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
supreme gentleman .gif
1MB, 320x180px
Tell me /biz/, there's a real estate bubble going on in 'stralya and everyone knows it. I did some research and found some good stocks I might short to cash in on the bubble bursting (http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/23/australia-housing-bubble-fears-make-investors-nervous-about-big-four-banks.html):

4 Stocks:
-Australia & New Zealand Bank (ANZ)
-Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
-National Australia Bank (NAB)
-Westpac

Any other good stocks/ETFs I could short? I was considering maybe buying an Ultrashort Australian Dollar ETF, but wouldn't that go down in the event that the Royal Bank of Australia eases monetary policy because of a recession?

Any other good instruments I can use to cash in on this? Is there any chance that the bubble will pop anytime soon or am I being a Cassandra?
>>
File: 1457423364241.jpg (4KB, 113x125px) Image search: [Google]
1457423364241.jpg
4KB, 113x125px
monitoring
>>
>>1502136
how do you short using westpac/commsec investing app or you can't?
>>
>>1503060

Brokers won't accept shorts from retail investors, unless you are buying in large volumes.

It's a moot point anyway. Shorting isn't worth the potential gain, let alone the stress.
>>
>>1502136
I thought it was a apartment bubble, not a real-estate bubble?

Houses with yards will still be going for >1million in Melbourne and Sydney. Right?

It's just that box in the sky you bought off the plan for 400k is gonna plummet.
>>
>>1502136
I think OP should look at shorting some of the building and construction companies, or their suppliers. Shorting banks seems risky, banks never lose.
>>
>>1502136
Lookup OceanaGold, they have a lot of potential and they're investing their capital expenditure in a very promising way
>>
>>1502136
BUY RAP
>>
>>1503508
had a look, looks promising like you said... how do we know their latest study is legit and they're actually going to find gold?
>>
>>1503575
I think they're just as viable as any other mineral company in that respect. You never really know
>>
>>1503501
>>1503491

Thanks guys- I'm a bit new to betting on real estate bubbles so I'm not familiar with all of the intricacies of it yet. I was reading a piece on Seeking Alpha about the Australian economy and decided to look into things.
>>
Buy gold stock minors, undervalued vs their resource in the ground. (PGM, SIH, GTR, LCD) Banks will decline, but there is not going to be a real estate 'crash' in Oz anytime soon. We are just around the bottom of the cycle in a lot of areas, and apartments will screw a lot of people over as valuations come in lower than they put deposits on for them.
>>
>>1503510

this!
>>
On an aus note, why did JB go up by 5% when they announced a rights offer? Shouldn't it have dropped?
>>
>>1503730
>undervalued vs their resource in the ground

You cannot be this new
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.