[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got my 18.000$ from insurance. Im a 22 years old uni student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1420480502925.jpg (136KB, 615x663px) Image search: [Google]
1420480502925.jpg
136KB, 615x663px
I just got my 18.000$ from insurance. Im a 22 years old uni student (pol.science and economics). What should i do with it? Is it enough to do something with it like stocks or some kind of investment?
>>
Just because you came across a lot of money (for your age at least it is a huge amount) do not feel like you should take more risks and invest in memecoins like /biz/ will tell you. Your currency tells me you are in the US, so I would recommend sticking that money right back to whatever student loans company is funding your education (that is how it works here in the UK at least).
tldr; get a head start on the other students and pay back debt. This is life giving you a big ole piece of cake and testing your strength of character. Be responsible, do not fuck up on 18k of 'free' money.
>>
>>1501616
DO this:

Put $2000 each into INFI (biotech stock I've been watching for 8 years that's the cheapest its ever been right now but not for long) and GILD (Gilead, not cheap but it's down off its highs and more likely to go back up than to drop much more, a biotech that actually makes money)

Put $1500 into INTC (Intel, its pretty cheap, safe, unlikely to outperform the market but due for a nice bump up and it pays a dividend. )Then buy another $1500 if you ever see it drop a lot in 1 day

Buy $3k of JNJ, its a consumer staple stock and will probably not drop much if the market tanks, actually more likely to go up in that case

That leaves you with $8k on the side to add to these positions if/when they drop, or just buy $1k of apple, ibm, Disney, etc. to diversify further...

Once you are mostly in, only glance at the market every now and then like once a week to see if it's time to buy more, don't worry about selling anything just keep adding to it.

Get a job while in school so you aren't tempted to spend it. Thank me when you are a millionaire at 30 (assuming you are able to keep adding to this portfolio with a steady paycheck)

And don't trade memestocks unless you want to lose everything
>>
>>1501624

This, it's pretty likely the interest on your loan is more than any potential returns you could generate. You stand to "earn" the most by paying down your loans.
>>
>>1501624
You don't have to spend it all on one thing. At least get $1k bitcoin and $500 Monero. Not much to lose with almost unlimited upside. Fuck these no coiner cucks.
>>
>>1501624
Im from hungary, i just converted the currency to be more relatable. I dont have to pay for my education because my grades were very good and im in a national scholarship program.
>>
Secure 6-12 months of living expenses with money.

Then put the rest on your loans or other debts.
>>
$MGT$ $URRE$ $AUP$ $MEET$
???
>>
>>1501674
buy a house
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.