[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nepotism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1432695435567.png (547KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1432695435567.png
547KB, 680x510px
Have you had any friends or relatives which got you into jobs? Have you had any which just had no idea what the hell they were doing and they just wasted your time?
>>
>>1501481

Grew up in some what wealthier neighborhood.

Know a few guys that got shit gpas and shittier degrees that all got jobs out of college because family.

Meanwhile I'm here with a math and econ degree making less than them because I don't have the connections they did.
>>
>>1501505
>because I don't have the connections they did
>they are connections
good networking lad
>>
I've had 12 jobs and literally every single opportunity was from a friend or family. Bloody hell. Never really thought about it until now.
>>
>>1501481
Nope.

Only way I could have would be through working with my friend and his father doing architectural metalworking for big banks.
But they tend to get fucked over by said banks because any objections to 'we'll pay you six months to a year in arrears' will be met by 'then we're not paying you at all or giving you any more work'. So my friend gets paid when the business gets paid, which is rarely. And he ends up making less than minimum wage because his dad deducts his food and housing from it.
And I have car payments to make, so I need a steady paycheck.
I'll likely end up having to help my friend when his dad retires, though, since he can't get a driving license.
>>
>>1501507

Not necessarily. The whole getting a friend a job is kinda touchy. A lot of folks who practice nepotism are dynastic individuals. They believe in building the family fortune if you will. And that only applies to family, not friends. And it is hell to pay if you try to get a friend hired. So yeah, rich people might be nice to hang around with but don't really expect them to do anything for you. Family pressure can be hard on them. I had a few friends get raked across the coals by their family for helping me out.
>>
>>1501755
>making less than them because I don't have the connections they did
> he ends up making less than minimum wage

you seem confused...
>>
>>1501831
You're quoting two different posts like they're from the same person.

If anyone's confused, it's you.
>>
>>1501481
Yup. Sure did. Built a house with my 3 best friends and one of them's father. Got nothing but a metal plate in my foot and listen to constant bickering for my trouble. Plus i got to find out what a truly lazy entitled piece of shit one of my best friends was. Legit. He lives in a million dollar home and has had nothing but windfall after fucking windfall. ...must ne nice.

Oh, and also those of us not related to the boss all got laid off on my 21st birthday.

Fuck nepetism ill earn my own shit
>>
Have an internship rn with a global 500 company that I got through family

you're at a huge disadvantage if you don't have those sort of connections
>>
>>1501481

>"Friend" tries to get me a job working as a fucking burger flipper at a nearby restaurant.
>He's a poo in the loo asshole anti-american hardass
>Friends sister hot for my dick straight up redpills me before the interview.
>Turn my ass around and walk right the fuck out.
>Tell him to keep his "Help" to himself later on after his sister chews him out for pestering her boss and informs him of her bosses obvious racism.

Just about every job I've taken on behalf of a friend, has been a goddamn disaster.

The last one sucked so hard I haven't bothered looking for work since then.

My lady has a decent enough job, but she keeps doing dumbass shit. Like planning 1200$ trips to see dysfunctional relatives.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.