[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/awg/ Accounting Work General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: NSAOS.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
NSAOS.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
For discussion of actual work issues (for those in the field) and classroom issues (for those in school) and all things CPA exam.
>>
Is Accounting a good field to go into? I'm currently deciding what major to go for I have 2 in mind and one is Accounting, I'm kinda leaning towards acc but I don't know. Can any accountants tell me about the job life? I'm from the UK Btw.
>>
>>1500484
why? why? why? This question is so fucking vague. We don't know anything about you, your interests, or your skills. I would be willing to bet $100 you don't even post a response after this.
>>
>>1500497
My bad sir, I am a high school grad and I was looking into what I wanted to major in an I had 2 choices that were for me one was compSci and one was Accounting. My skills? Well I don't know what kind of skills you are talking about.
>>
>>1500497
I guess you owe me 100$
>>
>>1500484

>UK
>Major

You do realise thats not how uni works here, right?
>>
Should I take the CPA exam? Currently jobless. Some employers say they want it, some don't give two shits. I don't want a high stress, high pay job. I want to eventually work part time remotely. Most of those jobs are more staff accounting and bookkeeping, so is CPA even valuable for it?

I really don't feel like studying like a madman and paying money to take the exam...I already feel my college was a waste of time. I'm good at taking tests but have terrible study habits and zero motivation.
>>
>>1500719
>terrible study habits and zero motivation.
>Currently jobless.

wow I can't possibly see what went wrong here...
>>
>>1500727

I'm a lazy piece of shit, but get away with it because myself at 10% effort is better than other people at like 80% effort. Sorry I guess for being naturally talented? But I think there are better uses of time than working hard and studying boring shit just to make a buck. Even posting on 4chungz is more enjoyable.
>>
>>1500777
Maybe in a few years you'll figure out what's wrong with you.

I'm going to tell you now, but you aren't going to listen.

You aren't half as clever as you think you are.

If you and I meet in three or four years time, you can buy me a pint and shake my hand.
>>
>>1500777
>myself at 10% effort is better than other people at like 80% effort.
>naturally talented?

So you are unemployed, and asking for potentially life-changing career advice on a Vietnamese fish mongering website. But you think you are better than everyone else. Here's my diagnosis- you're delusional, kiddo.
>>
I've got an internship at a big 4 in corporate restructuring, it comes under the same division as M&A, what are my chances of turning it into a grad offer under that division instead, and then going from that role after a few years into IB?
>>
I'm a 4.0 econ major but only a sophomore. Should I switch to accounting? Or is finance more viable? I don't have a problem with difficulty I just want to make enough money to fund my weekend backpacking and kayaking expeditions and maybe play runescape in another tab while at work (figure accounting is the field for this).
>>
>>1500476
I need some clarification on the CPA PEP. I have an unrelated undergrad degree and I'm looking into getting my CPA designation.

CPA Canada seems to offer a bunch of prereq courses. So long as you have an undergraduate they make it seem like you can simply complete any necessary prerequisite courses, and move along to the CPA PEP if you maintained a measly 65% average in your courses. Is it really that simple?

Also, what counts toward your practical experience? I work at a firm doing basic shit, and I have been encouraged by my boss to look into getting my CPA designation. There is one way of being hired by a firm that is pre-approvied for CPA PEP experience, but the other option of experience verification seems pretty nebulous.
>>
>>1500791
>>1500806

I give no shits. You sound jelly.

Fact is I asked if CPA exam was worth it and you jobbers can't respond. Suck a load of jizz.
>>
>>1502003

Depends on your situation. Do you have a degree in Accounting now? If you're jobless, having passed a part or two might be a good talking point in the interview. Most interviewers are going to want to hear that you are at least nominally interested in taking the CPA at some point. Most of the folks I know in public accounting would not consider an applicant who openly and unabashedly said he wanted to be a non-certified staff accountant as a career path.

Plus being jobless gives you time to study. I don't care how brilliant you are, you will need to study. If you're a genius, you may need to study less, but the CPA has a pass rate of under 50%.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.