[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College before university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (132KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132KB, 480x270px
I have the opportunity to attend the shittiest university or the best college in my state. The best college has agreements with a lot of the best universities here, so it's easy to transfer, but the university has no agreements with better universities.

Have any of you went to college before transferring to university? Do you have any advice on it?

I want to study computer science but I didn't get in because I finished my high school too late, so now instead of waiting I want to go and do something so I'm not wasting my time any more. My option is to attend college, for a certificate in Justice and then transfer into one of the better universities in my state. Or I could waste another year at home and maybe get kicked out.

Thoughts? Please help.
>>
>>1499923
Don't go to college, go to community college and transfer. You'd have to be a chump to spend the extra thousands to learn you generals. But I'm sure it's your parents money and you want the "college experience".
>>
>>1499928

I'm in Canada, so the college is a community college, each city near me (GTA) has its own college.

Yeah my parents have a bit of money but it's not an infinite resource unfortunately

I don't care about the experience I just want a job and an apartment and a nice car out of life.
>>
>>1499938
Take the community college route. I did and saved at least $15k. Now I'm at a somewhat prestigious out of state university.
>>
go the transfer route. youll save money. it was $12-18/unit (most classes were 3-4 units when i went to college, '02 - '04. 2 years of general ed cost me $1k. two years at a cali university, such as ucla, wouldve cost me $25k.

i was accept to several UCs and stanford.
>>
>>1499971
>>1499938
Yep, go to community college and transfer. The piece of paper you get at the end will only say the university you finished your studies at, nobody will know, although no employer actually cares either.
>>
>>1499923
Wasting time going to college. Why are you even posting on biz?!
>>
I went to a junior college for 2 years then transferred to a university for the last 2. Never brought up my junior college history to my employers, just acted like I went to the university for all four. Although, I doubt it would have even mattered if I mentioned it-- there was just no reason to do so.
>>
>should I go to a shitty university or a great community college that will get me into real schools later
How is this a question?
>>
>>1499938
Seneca?
>>
>>1500218
>although no employer actually cares either.

what is a target school?
If you want to get the best jobs in your field then yeah, they actually do care a lot
>>
>>1500935

Nah Mohawk
>>
>>1499928
This.
>>
>>1499923
currently enrolled at community college.
able to transfer to best uni in my state with anything better than a 3.5, which is incredibly easy to get, while freshmen need 3.8 or higher. I also will have saved roughly 20k before entering and only need to spend 2 years on actual degree-related shit.
dumb kids actually spending 4 years there are the reasons i can get in starting junior, since a good enough portion has dropped out by then to let me in. actually two ez
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.