[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get an Internship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: God Bless You Job Creator.jpg (51KB, 775x504px) Image search: [Google]
God Bless You Job Creator.jpg
51KB, 775x504px
I'm in my Junior year in Comp Sci at Uni and I pretty much need an internship this coming Summer or I'm screwed. I don't have any family or friends in the industry, so nepotism is not really an avenue for me.

What is the best way for me to get an internship? I'm obviously going to spam dozens of applications, but besides that what else?
>>
File: 1457964597928.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457964597928.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>
kek I love that picture
>>
>>1499195
Ask your professor if there is anything you can do at uni during the summer like a project or anything.

You are probably too early in the course to actually do anything, but, if you can do anything (i mean anything) to help around the uni you can write it off on your resume as summer experience.
>>
but in all seriousness, go to a job fair and talk to the less popular tables

I mean obviously throw your resume at a few of the big companies, but spend majority of your time bottom feeding

obviously a big company makes a great resume ornament, but having experience anywhere is better than a blank resume after graduation
>>
>>1499275
This x1000

I applied to about 40 places for internships and got rejected by 39 of them, despite having a 90% GPA, professional work experience, a broad range of current work experiences and extra curriculars etc.... when I applied I thought I would be a shoe in for most places but would get rejected via online tests, video interviews, face to face interviews and so on.

I only got my internships out of blind luck - of all my apps, one accepted me after online test, vid interview and face to face interview, and the other accepted me because I got lucky and had a director show interest and hire me from a coffee interview. You should do the same - apply everywhere, explore every fucking avenue possible, ask friends, family, coworkers, network as much as humanly possible, cold email, get people to look at your cover letter and resume constantly, get people to practice interview questions with you every now and then, stay in the know of your industry.

Most importantly don't let the rejections get to you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.