[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you actually look for in a resume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: My resume.jpg (63KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
My resume.jpg
63KB, 600x800px
Any recruiters/managers on /biz/?

I know there are hundreds of templates/guides with a 5 second Google search, but I want to know what people genuinely look for when skimming a resume/CV.

I want to make a completely new profile of myself, without making it too convoluted that it wont even be read.
>>
>>1497972
What fucking job are you going to apply to? There's not just one perfect resume for the entire world you moron.
>>
i word search kneepads and if it isn't there, i throw it in the trash (doesn't need to be visible - put in white font somewhere on the page)
>>
>>1497979
If a candidate doesn't send me a physical pair of kneepads in the mail, their resume goes straight to the shredder.
>>
>>1497975
My mistake.
While I was half expecting a rough generalisation, I would be applying for a few different intermediate jobs.
Procurement, Office Management, Social Media Manager. Pretty basic wageslave stuff.
>>
>>1498004
1. Look up the job descriptions
2. Make sure you hit those points on your resume
3. ???
4. Profit
>>
>>1498004
Some initiative.

Why are you special, given all the masses of smart & hungry alternatives?
>>
dont forget to add keywords in white text. =)
>>
>>1497972
>thinking people will ever see your resume

its all automated so that HR cunts can do even less work
>>
>>1497972
Most jobs I got I walked in and talked to the owner

Otherwise you should focus on What sets you apart and how your past experience will be useful in doing your job well.
>>
File: 1405304049919.jpg (193KB, 684x474px) Image search: [Google]
1405304049919.jpg
193KB, 684x474px
I've been out of work for 4 months after I got laid off by my shitty old company (was there for only 6 months; horrible horrible sales team)

I've gotten very close to getting a job, but haven't landed anywhere yet.

What can I do in the meantime to make some money, or to build up my resume? I have 3 years of marketing/sales experience at 3 different companies and a good resume, but hiring managers are a bunch of cunts.
>>
Recruiting at career fair.

If you're in some minority student group, I will put you in the shit pile.
>>
>>1498813
So you want to work in sales but you can't even sell yourself... hm...
>>
>>1497972
The few times I've done interviews, I looked for signs that someone went out of their way to grind for success.

4 years of college for 1 degree, a "break," and then straight to grad school? Boring and predictable. I don't give a fuck if you have a 4.0 at that point.

Multiple degrees, certifications, clear successes outside of what their mommy and daddy set them off to do? A history of risk taking and putting themselves outside of their comfort zone? Interesting.
>>
File: 1469400428932.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469400428932.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>1498819

I am selling myself...i've been one of the final two candidates in my last two interviews and fell just short.

If you're just gonna be a cunt you can fuck off, mate
>>
>peacocking on paper to become a wageslave

grew tired real quick of this shit
>>
>>1498830
hmmm seems like nobody is interested in the product.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.