[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: TPG.png (3KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
TPG.png
3KB, 347x145px
why the fuck is ASX market down?
I bought in to TPM (TPG Telecom) at 11.9 and it's dropped nearly 5 percent within 2 days.
I told myself to not stress out and to hold my shares but I hear rumours of a crash also... why the fuck is my entire watchlist negative? can someone explain what is happening everytime I try and look for news/announcments I can't find anything negative and what I should do about the shares I've bought. If I sell now I've lost 120 dollars in total or will this all blow over in the next couple of days
>>
>>1497594
Everything dropped today, it has been the worst day on the ASX since Brexit.

The reason is because there was a massive sell-out in the US on Friday and its taken until now for the ASX to respond. The reason for the US sell-off is because they are anticipating an interest rate rise or something

>>1497594
>If I sell now I've lost 120 dollars in total or will this all blow over in the next couple of days
christ is this your first time purchasing anything? Don't even think about selling for another 12 months you autist unless you get a substantial gain and then you can sell
>>
>>1497594
A) Why the fuck did you buy into telco when we are headed straight into a recession
B) You hold your position, even if you lose 50% of your money, because you go for fundamentals and not speculation.

If you speculate, I thank you for your free money. You creating the biggest credit/equity bubble in history helps my position out uncomprehensibly so.

Alas, dumping money into one basket is stupid. Go with an ETF that targets an industry you know about and time the market. If you can't do that, fuck off the ASX and go back to putting your money into super where it belongs.

Good luck though, anon.
>>
>>1497618
Lmao down 120... my portfolio on commsec is down like 4 grand if I look at it face value.

Now is seemingly an ok purchase time. Westfield, platinum asset and maybe JB are heading cheap and seem fundamentally fine.
>>
>>1497647

I see and yeh I understand but I wasn't going to sell my shares I wouldn't mind having to wait another year till they come back to the price i bought them at but I was just asking the reason behind why it was happening cause I wasn't able to find any news/information on what was effecting Australian market. The only reason I have put all my money into one stock is because I only have 4.6k to invest with at the moment but when I build my portfolio up to 10k I'm defiantly wanting to diversify.

Also I chose TPG cause it's a company and Industry I understand and know what they're doing with there money and if it's competing well against other telco's I guess I just made a mistake and bought in at a shitty time that i was not aware of. How can I prevent this next time, what sort of information should I look out for and where can I find this information I usually only look on yahoo and google finance.
>>
>>1497594
>buying into telecoms when the country is going into a recession, the housing market is just itching to burst, and the chinese are conducting an economic invasion

you dumb fuck
>>
>>1497594
>what I should do about the shares I've bought

Nothing. Investing is not just about making buying and selling decisions, but also taking no action (holding)
>>
>>1497665
Just hold them. I bought tpm pre 2008 when they were about $3 each and flipped them a year later for a $1k profit. Kicking myself now that I didn't hold on to them until they were 11-12 dollars each

Just be patient, my portfolio looks sad af as well today too, and I only own 3 ETF's and 1 stock
>>
>>1497665
Find zerohedge.com for all fed rate news.
Basically the situation is that the fed wants to raise rates in the US (Cash rate here in AUS, we are still dropping ours coz economy = shit rn). But obviously lower cash rate means debt is more affordable. So rising rates, as done in 2007 and pre-gfc, causes bubbles to burst- Everyone is aware that as soon as the fed raises rates, the markets will panic like anything.

If I were you, I would look into BBOZ. Fair enough you start with a small amount, but investing in blue chip stocks in the current time just won't net you a return justifiable through risk. Use ETF(Exchange traded funds) such as ZYUS.ax with allianz to mimic market movements, but definitely avoid one particular stock in the coming months.

Put it like this anon, money is free right now, and when people start to realise they pulled out millions expecting it to be forever, and it becomes expensive, they go homeless. Nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: 1421978571717.jpg (12KB, 282x401px) Image search: [Google]
1421978571717.jpg
12KB, 282x401px
>zerohedge.com
>BBOZ
>>
>>1497755
Don't kill yourself in November, alright? There are plenty of cryptocurrencies for you to pump and dump to make pocket money and delude yourself you have any value to society. Feel free to contact your country's suicide hotline, which if you are American, is the local school, and will take care of you free of charge.

I hope you enjoy your empty life and delusions of importance and grandeur.
>>
Since this now might as well be a general ASX thread, how 2 fix/balance my portfolio? I have made a number of terrible purchases over the years but I'm too unwilling to sell them at a (in some cases fairly significant) loss. Should I wait it out over another year, or just accept defeat, sell them and start fresh?
>>
>>1497912

Which companies
>>
>>1498843
All companies.
My worst ones were BHP and WOW, each bought about 2 years ago at what seemed like a decent price, each down around 30+% if not more from the top of my head. A few others, some speculative uranium mining company, IAG
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.