[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop marketing from being so intrusive on peoples'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: consider it.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider it.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
How do we stop marketing from being so intrusive on peoples' lives? Credit card offers being a good example.
>>
>>1491921
ignore it
>>
>>1491921
I believe theres a website you can go to to opt OUT of receiving offers from email/mail.

try "optoutprescreen" com
>>
>>1491921
Simple, subliminal marketing. It is a thing since marketing exists, it's just expensive and hard to execute effectively
>>
>>1491921
You're on the wrong board.

If I could beam ads into your brain while you're taking a shit or jerking off (or both), I would.
>>
>>1491921
It's intrusive because it works.

Short of educating consumers enough to not fall for obvious bait, you can't do that. You can regulate it, but there's always a loophole, even before you consider that corporate lobby groups are happy to spend hundreds of millions to protect a multi billion dollar source of revenue.
>>
>>1491921
You don't dumbass. Let the low IQ cro-magnons learn their lesson.
>>
>>1491984
Also there's literally nothing wrong with marketing, so theres no reason to regulate it more. The only people in the wrong are false advertisers and stupid consumers who buy shit on impulse without doing their due diligence.
>>
>>1491988
I personally wouldn't object to having some clearer definitions on phrasing. Made in America, Organic, and Green, etc are nothing more than buzzwords, because people have been lead to believe they mean things that they do not actually mean.

Organic in particular just drives me fucking nuts. It's literally the same fucking food most of the time. I know the vendor who provides a few seasonal fruits to some local grocers. He takes the same fucking food, bags it in plastic, calls it organic, and sells the rest as non organic. If anything gets mixed up or damaged, or the store bought too much organic, some employee rips off the plastic bags and throws them into the non organic loose bin. This is industry standard for a lot of stuff. The organic stuff is sold to gullible fools because it lets you separate the product into two different ones, meaning you can find a two pronged solution to the optimal profitability curve. You can screw people willing to pay, without hurting your baseline. It's literally a sticker that quadruples his margins. If he can't sell much/any organic, oh well, he still turns a profit. There's literally zero downside to it. He doesn't have to change shit about how he operates.
>>
>>1491921
Just never buy anything that markets itself in a way you disagree with.

You'll end up buying something from a company that uses intrusive marketing either because you don't realize it or just really want the product. Then you're part of the problem like the rest of us.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.