[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Book Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Do you guys have any business books to recommend? I have a month to blow before school starts, and I want to actually learn something (accounting student).

I saw this book the other day, and was thinking about getting it.
>>
I hear a lot about this one. Worth it?
>>
>>1489696
I'll sum it up to save you the time.

>make a loan use the money to make more money
>repeat
>profit
>>
what kind of business?
>>
>>1489696
yeah go for it

>go on amazon
>read reviews
>if reviews are good, read it
>>
>>1489884
Anything useful, but I'm interested particularly in investing.
>>
no joke, ben franklin's autobiography
>>
All my business textbooks were good. corporate finance, contemporary business, some management textbook.

I would just pick up the required stuff early.
>>
>>1490100
got to agree, that man had great work ethic
>>
>>1489679
"The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need" by Andrew Tobias, 2016 edition

Seriously, it's a great read.
>>
>>1489696
I wouldn't. It's only worth reading if you know absolutely nothing about finance and making money.
If you genuinely want to be rich look elsewhere.

In general for business see if you can get your hands on something by Michael Porter or Theodore Levitt. One thing /biz/ sorely lacks is an understanding of strategy and customers.

Additionally you might want to get your hands on the 'APR study guide'. It gives you an overview of what you need to become a certified Public Relations person. The reason I say that, is public relations is one of the cheapest way of creating value and expanding market share or sales possible. You can use the techniques like "situation analysis" and "market segmentation" to reverse engineer the services and products you sell, offering a product expansion or consolidating your product mix -- depending on what you find out. Setting a better pricing point.

As for operations and project management, no idea, sorry.
>>
File: 508982.jpg (36KB, 257x400px) Image search: [Google]
508982.jpg
36KB, 257x400px
>>1490536
>Michael Porter or Theodore Levitt
Seems like a good read, uh, any specific titles you had in mind for starting out with?
>>
>>1490685
This is Levitt's most famous work:
http://faculty.mu.edu.sa/public/uploads/1358138639.7579Marketing%20Myopia.pdf

As for Porter (sometimes I see his named written with a middle "E." and sometimes not)
>Porter, Michael E. (1980). Competitive Strategy. Free Press.
>Porter, M.E. (1996) "What is Strategy", Harvard Business Review, Nov/Dec 1996.

To be honest I've only seen lectures by the latter.
But if I had the time, that's what I would be reading.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.