[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canadian Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: snoovatar.png (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
snoovatar.png
33KB, 400x400px
Thinking of joining the Canadian Forces, is it a good idea?

I am wondering what type of benefits having military experience on your resume can give you for future career searching. I'd like to get into Consulting or Banking, or even Public Policy.

I'd like to eventually get into the Cyber department.

Can the military be good for this?

I'm not worried about salary, my parents are well off enough I can survive on whatever I get.
>>
>>1483519
Kek what
Are you guys allowed to have an armed force?
>>
>>1483549

KEK

It seems our troops can only train with 49 bullets per year....
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-04_23-46-01.png (50KB, 1234x314px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-04_23-46-01.png
50KB, 1234x314px
>>1483519
>Thinking of joining the Canadian Forces, is it a good idea?

They hardly hire anyone because we're not in active combat anywhere really. Also numerous repeat budget cuts.

>I'm not worried about salary
That's not a concern... Given that the Canadian forces is the highest paid military in the world.

>>1483549
>Are you guys allowed to have an armed force?

Yes of course. Canadian forces are well reputed for peacekeeping all over the world.

We are also the most highly paid military in the world.
>>
>>1483556
>highest paid military
That's true I suppose.
Probably be a good thing OP, and your military is like the happy meal of militaries, so you'll know everyone.
>>
>>1483561
At least people don't hate us like the American military for going around the world fucking people up with "Muh democracy".

Did you really need to bomb the Serbs for trying to remove kekbab? Or any of the shit you pulled in the middle east?
>>
>>1483564
Sure. You're forgetting that the UN has a tiny armed forces without US troops, and because you live over here on our little continent of isolation - you're welcome by the way- you forget that the world is still a pretty fucked up place that occasionally needs policing.
>>
>>1483577
>you forget that the world is still a pretty fucked up place that occasionally needs policing.

>Literally intervenes in places where they're unneeded, leaves them far worse than before and then brags "We brought le democracy"
>>
>>1483580
Apparently your propaganda riddled mind won't be able to comprehend this, but the second and third largest militaries in the world literally hate western democracy. Other things are going on that have nothing to do with Podunk doctators ruling over sun-scorched shitpiles.
>>
>>1483585
>but the second and third largest militaries in the world literally hate western democracy.

Oh yeah totally.

I'm sure this was really necessary. They clearly hated western democracy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia
>>
>>1483587
That was NATO, bruh. Your dudes were bombing too. That wasn't United States aggression.
>>
>>1483519
I've no direct experience, but I see a lot of people who did the military thing, retired in their fifties, and then went into consulting. While they were consulting, they were collecting their military pensions. It's a pretty nice gig if you're up to dedicating the next thirty years to it.
>>
>>1483587
ignores the previous post
Cherry picks a non US conflict, gj brah
>>
>>1483556

Thanks man

Didn't even know the pay fact, the salaries still look low to me though ._.

And the hiring thing bugs me, we don't even spend 2% of our GDP on military like we're supposed to in NATO ._.
>>
Wait and join only if trump becomes prez, canada is just a USA puppet
>>
I was thinking the same thing except I have a pharmacy degree. The pay isn't very good though. Wonder if the pension is worth it and how long i'd have to stay to get it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.