[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/. I'm about to buy about $2k of West Texas Intermediate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kermie4.jpg (11KB, 124x111px) Image search: [Google]
kermie4.jpg
11KB, 124x111px
Hey /biz/. I'm about to buy about $2k of West Texas Intermediate Crude shares, and $2k of Raytheon shares.

Both will be long term. 10+ years for Raytheon, and for WTI Crude, I'd sell when oil hits $100 again perhaps.

Does anyone see any huge flaws in those buys?
>>
>>1483022
>buying "shares" in WTI crude
buy physical barrels lad
>>
>>1483028
an ETF, no? eg The 'US Oil Fund'?
>>
>oil hits 100 again
It's possible that will never happen again
>>
>>1483125
true. I just did some research - a lot of people are betting on oil hitting $35 again. which is when I'd jump on it.

I'm 38, I need some really strong, 10+ year stocks to look at.
>>
>>1483135
I'd expect that one would've learned to stop gambling by that age.
>>
>>1483022
>West Texas Intermediate Crude shares
>shares

yeah... no you're not. lol
>>
File: stop now.png (318KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
stop now.png
318KB, 500x375px
how long has /biz/ been so cancerous? years ago, you could get good advice.

>2016? shit-tier trolls. the 'get rich overnight' scum. the penny-stock pushers.
>>
Oil will be replaced in the future with renewables. I'd say 10 years from now its prospect will be pretty bad but not yet in terminal decline, only more obviously on its way there (by this time EV's should become much more mainstream). You may want to pay attention to what's going on in the mining sector to anticipate the competitive costs that EV's and technology metals in general will have once the costs associated to make these materials drops due to innovations in technology. Innovate or die is the saying. These materials will play a critical role in the economy of the future. Oil isn't innovating. WTI is alright for short term technical trades, but to go long on it based on fundamentals to me is insanity. Maybe acceptable as a small percentage within a risk-balanced portfolio, but as a main investment, I would say it's high risk and fundamentally flawed. An investor website that covers the mining industry is investorintel.com - good reading material if you're good enough to do your own reading and due diligence. Ratheon is probably a good pick, especially if Hillary gets elected. Good luck.
>>
>>1483135
>oil hitting $35 again

How do they imagine this will happen? There would need to be a pile of low cost extraction suddenly open up from somewhere or demand to drop like a stone. The US can't frac at that price. Canada can't mine oilsands. That price point is pretty much only feasible for conventional which there is not nearly enough of to meet current demand.

>>1483200
This is a shilling and shitposting land now.
>>
Canada can't mine oil sands? Right now it's not very profitable, and a month or two ago it would have been at a loss. There are efforts in Canada to make more out of the current oil sand beneficiation process, by separating out rare earths and valuable metals in addition to the oil, and especially for easy processing of huge amounts of tailings in an an MRT SuperLig circuit. While not all the details are clear just yet, the agreement has been made, which is a bit further ahead than your average MOU. Huge speculation. Canada might be in for a comeback on that front, depending how long oil holds up in the face of fundamental terminal decline. DYODD. http://ucore.com/ucore-partners-with-major-oil-sands-producer-for-recovery-of-technology-metals
>>
>>1483022
Why not buy SLCA.
>>
>>1483022
That was actually a good call, you should read more about the financial products available.
Made 20% with an 10x leveraged CFD on Oil Futures today.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.