[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptocurrency risk vs reward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: altcoins.png (52KB, 834x1076px) Image search: [Google]
altcoins.png
52KB, 834x1076px
I am not an expert on cryptocurrency but to me it seems like most of the currency has too big of a supply to ever cost the same as a bitcoin.

When bitcoins were first released no one predicted they would make it this far so a huge number of coins were lost and are not even on the market.

Bitcoins maxed out at around $1250 and that was with massive hype and I don't see how any of the alt coins are going to ever get that kind of attention.

I think that even though the supply of monero is lower there are more in the market because they did not lose as many of the early coins like bitcoin did.

With Monero being adapted on the tor markets is it a safe long term investment?

Do you guys think the rising bitcoin cost is related to people buying btc on websites like coinbase to get in on Monero?

If a lot of people are buying bitcoins from websites like coinbase it is going to take a week for these purchases to clear.

Is it possible that when they clear in a week the prices are going to spike again from new people trying to get in?
>>
Decent analysis... I've been a involved in Bitcoin for 6 years and Ethereum for 1 year now. Crypto has a lot of potential but right now all of the prices are based on speculation. If Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Monero were implemented in solutions that provided a significant advantage over traditional services we have no idea how high their market caps could go. Right now I would be careful with crypto because with the DAO hack and the Bitcoin progress stagnant (as well as mining centralization) its unclear weather any of the top tier cryptos will make it long term.
>>
>>1482224
>all of the prices are based on speculation
This.

That $1250 number is made out of autistic hopes and wishes.
>>
>>1482229
Yea it's speculation but the bitcoin rise was also caused mostly by speculation.
The difference though is that most of these other coins have too much of an available supply to ever hit bitcoin level prices.
>>
>>1482183
all this for some really bad questions.

>Monero
wouldn't call it safe, but as far as cryptos go yes it's a safe investment for the next 14 days at least

>rising bitcoin cost
possible. could be big chinese money getting into monero. could just be people buying the btc dip.

>coinbase price spike
not sure what you're asking. what new people are trying to get in? what are they trying to get into? more btc? 99% of the people buying btc don't move the price all that much, it's all about the big money.
>>
>>1482183
No. Bitcoin price is going up because people who made money off tge monero bubble are cashing out to bitcoin causing higher demand, same thing happened during the ethereum rise.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.