[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a Private firm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 289x174px
What's up, /biz/? I'm currently working in military intelligence and have realized that my endgame will be to start my own private intelligence firm.

Not right away as I only have 6 years exp, but down the line as I get into the civvy world of Intel as well and have developed my network. I have no business experience however and am wondering what kind of setbacks do you think would be apparent on such a venture?

It seems like the Govt loves to throw money at the private sector but I don't know how you would pitch your new hotness to the CIA, DIA, etc.

Entertain me if you would, guys. Thanks.
>>
>>1482002
generally you don't pitch yourself to the gov.

they put out a notice that they need something, you and other qualified vendors respond to the notice, and they choose the best, cheapest one.

it's all very impersonal to prevent the appearance of any bias or favoritism in hiring firms.
>>
>>1482002
What intelligence would you be collecting?
>>
>>1482263
Focus on All source but would also be interested in Counterintel or HUMINT collection as well. I'm thinking most other INTs we'd acquire secondhand more than likely.
>>
File: glory.png (91KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
glory.png
91KB, 326x326px
>>1482832
that's a lot of words to say "browsing 4chan"
>>
File: 1376739983679.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1376739983679.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
>>1482002
Depends OP. What kind of product/service would you be producing?

General summaries, analyses, articles, etc. that clients read to stay up-to-date on whatever is going on in X part of the world? (essentially what Stratfor does most of the time). Specialized information or studies conducted on an ad hoc basis for specific clients? Or are you thinking less consulting, more PMC-ish, though in an advisory role?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1080x720px
>>1482862

I do like stratfors approach and feel like it does some good as far as Open source goes. I want to dabble in both, honestly. Expeditionary support is definitely a service I would like offer at some point for many reasons.

We can do briefs, articles and other assessments but would like to put the company up to the point where the Alphabet soups and other Govt entities are tapping us for tasking. Which >>1482025 seemed to explain well.

So ideally we'd have our branch that does All source reporting, goes to whatever briefings in DC and other hubs that we're invited to for collaborations sake. As well as a deploying element for taskers that require such support. So that would likely require some PMC/SOF exp in there

I know enough as how not to get my ass thrown in jail as an individual but when it comes to managing a company in such a work role I'm not as versed. I'm sure there's political/legal red tape galore but this is what I'm going for.

Other than that the two biggest things that jump out to me are Money and Clearance. I know i dont want to burn out trying to support too many areas/issues but at the same time I need relevance and marketability. But I'm just spit balling desu.
>>
>>1482983
I'd look into what other contractors do as inspiration, and refine your guiding business vision from there. These days, specialization is preferable, at least until you grow big. A few worth noting aside from Stratfor:
>Booz Allen Hamilton
>Kroll Inc.
>Pinkerton
>ArmorGroup
>Control Risks
>Smith Brandon International
>International Intelligence Limited

You're probably going to need to hire think tank analysts and such.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.