[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forced Social Interaction in the Wokrplace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: limitless_fun.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
limitless_fun.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
So I just began to work for a fairly big tech company (200ish employees).
They seem to have high turnover rate but they are growing fast and entering new markets. I have no clue why. Maybe the clients are pissing people off, I don't know.

HR is pushing me hard to enter their sports team (I hate that idea, doing hard manual labor as an unpaid overtime to promote the company and nobody else is coming except people that play), pushing me to start drinking coffee or tea (psychopathic desu), is tolerating and even promoting fucking around first half an hour on the job (drinking coffee, I would rather sleep half an hour more as I need to wake up in 06:30 to go to work normally).

I am an extrovert and friendly guy but being forced into bars, sports teams, taking an addiction and team building far away from the place of work is kinda pissing me off. I am not shy or a mute, I do actually talk to people on my fucking own.

Is this annoying practice a ploy to socially tie me to fellow employees so I might stay longer in the firm.?
Is this the same in your company as well?
>>
>>1480941
I used to love taking like 20 minutes to make a cup of tea.

Had about 6 of those fuckers a day. That's 2 hours bro.

Sports team stuff is BS though, doubt they will fire you for saying no tho.
>>
>>1480943
That would secure I get released though. I am still in trial and training period.
>>
>>1480999
Seems like a soul sucking of a job, its hidden, your trips show it, they just want you to become a good "I love this business!" puppet
I'd say I had some back issues or I hurt my foot in the past
>>
>>1480941
Guy in similar company here.

Yeah, our place used to do this a bit, but not as overtly. More like they developed a culture of having so many social events (read: getting drunk with each other) while working extremely hard that your colleagues essentially become your social circle.

The result of this is that 1.) people enjoy working there, 2.) there's a massive social cost to leaving the company, i.e. if you leave you'll have no friends

Problem with this is that if the atmosphere in the company begins to turn sour, this falls apart, as the same people who were best m8s drinking now have to have tense meetings and arguments in work, meaning no one wants to stay.

Social stuff is all but gone in there now, it's sad
>>
>>1481053
>Seems like a soul sucking of a job, its hidden, your trips show it, they just want you to become a good "I love this business!" puppet
>I'd say I had some back issues or I hurt my foot in the past
Nah, I meant that I would get released if I tried something like 2 hours of dicking around.
I have to show myself as a valuable member of a team or some shit and in the same time actually not get fucked in the ass by corporate "I love this business!" bullshit
If they push me too much I will actually perform worse
>>
>>1481058
> (read: getting drunk with each other)
That's some shitty way of actually getting that sweet gig or perks.
If your superior sees you slashed and coming on to your fellow females colleagues in a bar next to office building they might just remember that when choosing who will go to UAE for a month (sexy trip bonuses in UAE)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.