[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frugal protips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: FrugalMacLogo.gif (18KB, 260x167px) Image search: [Google]
FrugalMacLogo.gif
18KB, 260x167px
Just lost all my money, need general frugal tips/schemes to get back on my feet
>>
Stop being a dipshit, stop losing money and read some books.
>>
>>1474100
>spending money on books
I need frugal tips not high roller shit
>>
rice and beans will allow you to live

have a landline and a cellphone? kill the landline

TV? lol nope, kill it, watch everything online

you have the weekends off your job? excellent! get a second job on weekends

eat out? i hope thats code for more rice and beans!

have a forest near you? time to get those foraging skills up! afterall you are pretty tired of rice and beans yes? edible mushrooms and berries must seem mouthwatering by now

drink starbucks? soda/pop? not anymore! lose weight and be frugal by drinking a substance known as wter from now on; forever.
>>
>>1474113
I already do that, will start doing the rice and beans only diet tho.

Im also only shovering every 3 days and I only use free public restrooms to take a shit. I never use paper at home only washable cloths etc.

I have been thinking about buying a used bathtub then just storing rain water there for cleaning dishes/clothes/taking baths. That would almost kill my water bill.

I have also heard you can cook rain water with hot rocks to drink it? This could be my next project.
>>
>>1474127
you start a fire, put a bunch of rocks in the fire, then using tongs you take the fire rocks and place them in a vat with water to flashboil the water

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
>>
>>1474135
Yeah, thats where I first saw it. He has a pretty frugal channel tbqh
>>
>>1474127
If you can't even afford to wipe your ass maybe suicide is the solution.
>>
>>1474144
Its not that I cant afford, sure I could spend 10 dollars a month on paper but I would rather save that money and have 1200 dollars more in 10 years.
>>
>>1474127
>will start doing the rice and beans only diet
Oh man, don't sacrifice your time and health just to save a little money. There are lots of foods that are convenient to prepare, healthy, tasty, and satisfying that you can eat on a very tight budget.

There's frugality and then there's false economy.
>>
drink your pee to save on water bills
>>
>>1474165
Toilet paper doesn't cost $10/month. You can get 36 double rolls of decent TP for $16 at Wal-Mart. That's three double rolls per month for a year.

>1200 dollars more in 10 years
>160 dollars more in 10 years
>avoid using toilet at home for ten years to save one day's wages
>develop hemorrhoids, suffer shart in mart incident, lose income opportunities

You are not going to save money avoiding the use of basic hygiene and cleaning products like toilet paper, soap, shampoo, skin moisturizer, paper towels, toothpaste, dental floss, shaving supplies, and water for washing. Just avoid the luxury versions.

You can save some money by going out of your way to buy the cheap stuff in bulk. I got like a lifetime supply of double-sized safety razor blades for $20.
>>
>>1474201
>double-sized safety razor blades
I meant "double-sided", and actually meant "double-edged". You can get old safety razor handles in yard sales and thrift shops for a couple of bucks. The soap brushes you get at walmart for a few dollars are fine too, and the dishes of shaving soap seem to last much longer for the cost than the cans of gel or foam do.
>>
>>1474105
never too late to start investing in yourself m8
>>
>>1474201
This

OP is a moron and deserves poverty.
>>
>>1474165
Nigger just steal the toilet paper and bring it home.
>>
>>1474097
how did you lose your money?
did you lose it from bad investments?
If so then you don't need to learn how to be frugal, you need to learn how to invest properly and actually make money.
>>
>>1474246
Well I invested in what I later found out to be a pyramid scheme.
>>
>>1474283
stop looking at how to spend money, start looking at how to make MORE money.
>>
>>1474097
>Just lost all my money
Dont loose all of your money.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.