[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

19K saved up, what to do to make more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1470576296364.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470576296364.gif
1MB, 305x360px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 19K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
>reddit
SAGE
>>
>>1473588
That 19k is excellent for your age. Youtube channel is a better investment of time than just playing the game WITHOUT doing something to try and grow an audience/monetize it, so that's something. It shouldn't be considered as anything other than a past-time however, as it will take a LONG ass time before you actually start earning good money with a channel.

My sister is the same as you in regard to being obsessed with Korean culture. She learned it on her own in about 2 years, and can speak it pretty well. She also has had some Korean friends help her at the same time however.

Generally yes, the 20's are where you make decisions to affect how easy the rest of your life will be. I have one piece of advice actually:

If you see any type of opportunity for travel, take it. You're in a better position than most with that kind of money, and you could easily afford a month's vacation in some country you've always wanted to visit. Employers like that shit too, because they think that travel makes you more "worldly" or whatever, and they also assume that you got it out of your system so you won't just leave them due to wanderlust at some point.

You definitely want to read up on either the stock market, or coin market. Lots of people will say the coin market is a waste of time and a meme, but I've also seen people start with 15 BTC and make their way up to 150.

BIGGEST ADVICE: Treat any money that you set aside for investing experiments, as money you will not have again. This is good for two reasons:

1.) You will not accidentally blow everything you own.
2.) People tend to make mistakes when you have emotions attached to the money you're manipulating. If you treat the money as play-money, something you never expect to earn anything with, then you're much more free to think clearly about what to do with it.

If you fail, you fail, but you're at a good age where even if you DO lose money, it's not the end of the world. Take educated risks.
>>
>>1473667

>If you see any type of opportunity for travel, take it.
What kind of opportunity am i looking for? Like go somewhere in my holiday or try to get a job that's likely to place me somewhere in another country. <- omg that sentence sounds austistic as fk, but i'm not sure how to explain it..

> read up on either the stock market, or coin market
Is there any books you suggest?

Also loved reading your "biggest advice".
As you said earlier i should read up before investing. And when i start invest in stocks i should start with a low amount, that will make me "fail and learn" in a cheap way. It's kinda like paying class for investing if that makes any sense.
>>
>>1473709

fuck traveling, it's overrated horse shit. find hobbies that don't require spending money. get some side businesses going. find a woman ten years younger to reproduce with. live the good life.
>>
>>1473721
>find a woman ten years younger to reproduce with
>OP said he is 19

She most likely didn't even have her first menstruation you fucking pedo!
>>
>>1473726
^^What this guy said
>>
>>1473588
Buy ethereum
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.