[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do upon IPO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ipo-large1.jpg (34KB, 615x450px) Image search: [Google]
ipo-large1.jpg
34KB, 615x450px
You've done it Anon. Your relatively successful company has gone public, and your net worth is now through the roof. The stock started trading at $2 and closed at $9, making you an official billionaire!

Now what?

>can't liquidate huge amounts of stock for money while the stock is still pumped high (from first-day hype)
>even if you do it later it'd have to be a pretty insignificant amount of money. Better pray media doesn't catch this.

Worst case scenario you have 95% of your newfound net worth tied up in equity, and some bad news regarding your company spreads. Just like what happened to that Theranos CEO, your net worth is now zero (not literally, but zero in the sense that Forbes no longer cares enough about you to calculate your new net worth).

You can't diversify your net worth too much for fear of people losing confidence. What then, do you do?
>>
>>1472786
Honestly just continue what you were doing to make it succesful enough to have such a good IPO. Start gradually selling your stock and removing yourself from the business, eventually pursue other interests and step down to an advisory role on the board.
>>
>>1472831
Pretty much exactly this.

There was a scene in "the gambler" where john goodman tells mark whalburg to get i little middleclass lifestyle and bank a large portion so that you can live your life from a position of fuck you.

Dont care im my company is headed to the moon, we reach a 2 or 3 mill buyout im the fuck out. Take a 2 week vacation, come back, get a day job, and start investing my money until such a point my real estate or couple other businesses take off and i am confident ibhave asserted myself in a fuck you position.

Then descide if i want to retire at like 40, or get rich af.

Probably just have a small office and work 2 days a week checking in on things and stay semi retired until there is oretty much fuck all for me to do besides choose who gets a trust fund.

0 kids.

Large family tho.

Likely set a small anual payout for us poorfags to get a small boat or car and set up large college funds for the kids with a grade point average requirement.

Dunno. Still got like 15 years till the neices and nephews are out of school.

Meh,

Standard normie shit i guess.

I would have a scrap yard though. Even if it ran at a loss.

I like to tinker...
>>
>>1472958
With all due respect, this isn't a 'what you would like to do when you're rich' thread. Though that would be fun.

>>1472831
That's terribly slow. I was wondering what alternatives a guy would have if he knew he had to disassociate from the business quickly
>>
>>1472786
sell options against my stock for cash flow
>>
>>1473121
You mean write your own put options, against your own company? Wtf
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.