[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High Paying Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image-260939-panoV9-hrlt-260939.jpg (49KB, 520x250px) Image search: [Google]
image-260939-panoV9-hrlt-260939.jpg
49KB, 520x250px
So /biz/ let's talk about high paying jobs that don't require long schooling training (no management, doctors,..)

There are the memes like alska fisherman and oil rig worker

is there anything similar?
how easy is it to get a job as fisherman/oil rig worker?

all the websites seem like scam
>>
>So /biz/ let's talk about the fact that I have no training and want a job that pays well

Yeah, no. It ain't that easy. Fishermen and oil rig work requires physical strength and skill. I mean, you can train on the job (nobody studies to be an oil rig worker) but your application needs to stand out before anyone even talks to you.

I know several people working at an oil rig. They're all 6'2+ and look strong. Most of them have a beard too. If you run an oil rig you hire a certain kind of person, not just anyone.
>>
>>1472763
What skills do they have besides looking strong?
>>
>>1472767

You have to usually have a background in something. Car mechanic, plumber, electrician... the thing is, employers don't take risks and hire people with a blank resume. As long as you've done something, even gardening or something, that already takes some uncertainty away.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>1472767
Oilfag here.

"Good ol' boy network helps but not required." Here in kansas my dad has soent 40+ years in the patch. The pay isnt bad. But it aint good. Not like them offshore guys or texas dudes that run all upright shit and go miles down. Wells around here are generally 2300 feet or less. Hell, i started out pulling singles cause (muh 15 year old body.)

The truth is anon, with no real skill u need luck or a guy who knows a guy who will put in a word for u.

Around here scrawny white kids get picked up all the time but generally dont last long. It is hard work, but if u try and they see you trying then u will stick around. It helps to not be on drugs since 90% of these guys are...

Hell, i know some guys in Southeast Kansas can give it a go if u want. Bit honestly bro. If i could go back id say fuck hauling hay and praying for rain so we could pull wells.

Id go to welding school or some shit and work on the road. Special trade 1 or 2 year votec shit is where its at for the working class.

Could try construction. I run heavy machinery now and do pretty good for a 2 juco dropout with a bumb leg.

In any vase you are likely looking at some sort of school or better start hitting the gym and get in shape so you can keep up with the big boys anon.

But you're likely not just gonna walk onto a high oaying job with no training since there are already likely a handful of guys gunning for thos jobs.

In any case if u trully wanna work hard do it, a dont be affraid to jump ship for a better job.

Pic and video related. This is the kind of shit you'll be doing for ~$13 and hour. And 2 or 3 man crew. I have no earthly idea wtf is going on they need 5 guys here. And it soesnt look bad. But things are going smoothly. This isnt always the case. And as long as there is no lightning you work in the rain and anow and 110 degree summer heat.

Fucking go to a trade school anon. Or flip burgers and save to pay if u dont want a loan.
>>
>>1472986
https://youtu.be/KiyIBJB4_Oo
>>
>>1472767
Beard growing, heavy sweaing, keeping beer belly just under big enough to be hit with a rod wrench. Most of those help.

Chewing and smoking and partying hard will helo u fit in but not required.

Learn to keep the truck and rig clean and u have a job for life.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.