[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AAHHH!!! THE BEES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 7149502671_4092b70a52_b.jpg (409KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7149502671_4092b70a52_b.jpg
409KB, 1024x768px
How much money can I make out of bee keeping?
>>
Negligible, and it takes a lot of effort for those poor returns

There's a reason most beekeepers only do it as a hobby
>>
You might be able to get paid to do it by environmental organizations or the government.
>>
>>1471492
the real money is in yellow jacket honey

yellow jackets eat meat, their honey contains supplements and gives sick gains
>>
>>1471492
depends what u love OP its not for everybody but if ur doing something like that it must mean uc are about people and have a big heart.... help u8rself op!!!!!!
>>
>>1471562
Yellow jackets and hornets don't produce honey.
>>
>>1471562
/biz/ never fails me.
>>
>>1471492
I got my hives at the begining of the year I enjoy it. Had a lot of problems at the start due to who I bought the bees from. But a wise man once said if you want to make 2 million dollars in beekeeping you need to spend 1 million. It takes a long time but if you enjoy it and make 500 dollars a year then go for it
>>
>>1471690
But I have 3 hives now and at the start I spent around 1500. The crap is supper expensive
>>
>>1471648
They produce a small amount of "hornet honey" for their young. It tastes exactly like honey.
>>
>>1471492
check out the film "More than Honey". it's on netflix or 3.99 on youtube. i watched it on netflix and it was in english...

watch this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_IRrBeu-0

this guy says he has 4000 hives at $150/hive in one almond grower's orchard. i think he says he owns a total of about 1/3 of all the honey bees in north america and he trucks his bees around the US following pollination requirements
>>
>>1471492
You can make a fair bit depending on your area.

The money here is not in honey, it's in the bees themselves. Sell nucs or packages locally to hobbyists. Unless you are going to go crazy big honey is a waste of time.

The plus is you can easily do this as a side if you have some land and reasonable carpentry skills. If you have to buy anything more than frames you will never turn a profit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.