[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is HR decent for entry-level gigs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I just graduated from a decent public university with a degree in Economics, 3.6 GPA. So I'm pretty average, but I have *no* technical skills at all.

Is HR a decent entry-level gig? From past experience, it seems like I'd mostly be competing with total dipshits, so hopefully getting a job wouldn't be that hard. Then again, my degree wouldn't transfer at all.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1470504
Do you have a vagina?
>>
>>1470509
Nah, a pretty great willy. However, I'm guessing an entry-level job would mean a female hiring manager -- so perhaps a dick would help.

I used to major in Nursing, and they were always looking for more dudes. Perhaps HR is different, though.
>>
>>1470525
It's a joke of a job. I can't tell you how many "HR Professionals" I've seen who have being a waitress at Applebees listed as their previous work experience.
>>
>>1470529

At this point, I'm down for anything. I have no technical skills whatsofuckingever.

Also, I have to apply to a job in my city of Madison, WI [1 year lease, no car] so it limits my options of being able to apply to a wider variety of jobs.

At this point I'm desperate for anything that isn't total shit.
>>
>>1470540
HR is for women. They take themselves too seriously and have 0 real skills.
>>
>>1470553

I don't take myself too seriously, but I have 0 skills. That makes me think that I'm ahead of the curve.
>>
>>1470540
It sounds like you really don't have much of a choice between "decent entry-level" and just "any fucking job."

You are correct, HR doesn't involve economics and pretty much doesn't require much brainpower.

If your choice is unemployment or a shitty HR job, the latter is what you should chose every time, obviously.
>>
>>1470592
this isn't necessarily true.

taking an HR job dooms you to never being able to break into something like banking, which you totally could do with an econ degree.
>>
>>1470540
What about the university? Don't they have entry level crap? And Madison is the capital right?
>>
>>1470529
Hey dude,

My mom worked as a waitress and then went into HR whilst going to school part time. She graduated, moved up in the company and is now an executive in her branch.

Don't make those sweeping generalizations and statements. If someone is improving their lives, that's always a good fucking thing. Who cares if they worked at Applebees? Clearly they're working to become better by working at HR and developing themselves.
>>
In my company, HR are the easiest role right after reception. They however get paid a shit ton. And the head of the department is a dude. Yes, mostly women work in HR but, again, they get paid a shit ton.
>>
In my company, HR are the easiest role right after reception. They however get paid a shit ton. And the head of the department is a dude. Yes, mostly women work in HR but, again, they get paid a shit ton.
>>
>>1470677
I always thought of Banking as more Finance than Econ. Either way, i wouldn't be interested -- I've heard the work/life balance is shit.

>>1470698
Yes, Madison is the capital. And idk, I took an internship off-campus

>>1471104
Dope, glad to hear it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.