[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a strong short signal, no? The Bollinger Bands and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

This is a strong short signal, no?

The Bollinger Bands and the RSI suggest that XMR is extreeeemely overbought.
>>
>>1468565
Show it to me on a 15m chart and zoom out a bit more and I'll give you my take.
>>
>>1468573
Behold.
>>
and this is why i shorted xmr.
>>
>>1468580
Yeah. To be honest I'm only any good with this in forex. But I'd wait for it to come up again first then start looking for a good price to sale.
>>
>>1468565
Yes TA suggests short, but FA shows cryptos behave irrationally sometimes and there's a lot of hype surrounding this coin.
>>
File: wiggle.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wiggle.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>using technical analysis on an altcoin

shiggitygiggitydiggity
>>
>>1468565
>>1468580
what chart software is this? i need somethin like that that will show hourly charts
>>
File: 1404956973860.jpg (33KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1404956973860.jpg
33KB, 500x374px
alphabay (a major TOR drug market) is adopting the coin sept 1st, this will surely trigger a spike

don't miss the train folks
>>
>>1468729
PricedIn.biz
>>
That's why it just hit a new high right? Doesn't mean shit if it's overbought based on news.
>>
>>1468809
Welp, I got btfo shorting this
>>
>>1468565

It's gone over 0.01 now faggot. TA is bullshit
>>
i wanted to ride the waves but i have a bad feeling about poloniex

you should take all of your monero out of poloniex asap

dark net doesnt want btc = arrested they will all drop it and goto monero

all that money in poloniex begging to be stolen

im not being a part of that

goodluck friends and lets be glad we caught btc2.0 at around below 10 dollars
>>
>>1468881
my gut is strong on this btw

do your self a favor and withdraw from the exchanges
>>
>>1468883
How does darknet dropping monero cause poloniex to get hacked?
>>
>>1468885
darknet drops btc not monero

because bitfinex was first

poloniex is next

its been in prep awhile
>>
>>1468885

This dude is tripping out. Also I really hope you closed your short position by now whew
>>
File: kekan.jpg (14KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
kekan.jpg
14KB, 300x296px
>>1468891
i warned you guys
>>
>>1468892
So poloniex is next because someone hacked bitfinex?

Is Exxon gonna go bankrupt just because Enron did too?
>>
>>1468888
checked

>its been in prep awhile

proofs?
>>
>>1468894
doesnt work like that

history always repeats itself

its pretty simple, low ass sell side, no one wants btc=arrested

if DNM only want monero so will the people its simple
>>
>>1468899
Is English your first language? I think I'm misunderstanding you on a fundamental level.
Explain this to me step by step.

Who's getting arrested and why?
Why would people dropping BTC lead poloniex to get BTFO?
>>
>>1468904
poloniex handles nearly 98% of monero trades

poloniex is one of the hackers targets

btc is not anonymous
>>
>>1468904
I think the implication is that since Monero is (((untraceable))), Poloniex has a huge target on its head if the price of Monero skyrockets.
>>
>>1468565
>bollingers bands suggest overbought

You don't even understand what the bollinger bands are telling you. They are an indication of future possible price variations, not overbought/sold.
>>
>>1468904
No. I'm from India and I'm autistic.
>>
>>1468580
all this is showing is that there was a lack of luqidity at .007 which people bought in and then started aggressively buying up which brought in liquidity, moving price higher, allowing the smart money to exit.

what's going to happen now is nothing. the move was made and now the waters are settling down
>>
>>1468909
Hot damn, that's true.
>>
>>1468914
What causes the correlation between hitting the upper/lower bounds and falling/rising in value, respectively?
>>
>>1468919
bollingers bands is more for volatility
its the rate of price change rather than simply price change

you use the distance between the top band and it's average and go from the current high and you can say, price is capable of hitting this point due to current volatility.

>>1468580
you see the really big wick on the high? the candle BEFORE that one. take the distance between the top band and the ma, and you'll see that when you take that distance going up from the top band, you'll find yourself at the wick.

also, there's something to be said of the band making it's high after the price high. you can expect price to at least test that band level.

maybe i can find some old pics showing exactly what i mean
>>
File: fdsafdas.png (116KB, 716x534px) Image search: [Google]
fdsafdas.png
116KB, 716x534px
>>1468925
okay, this is from 2013 but it's still relavant

the white lines with price shows a volatile move down, while the red line up doesn't show a volatile move up.
>>
>>1468583
holy shit lol. you must have got squeezed hard. gg
>>
i just looked up xmr
HOLY SHIT OP DID YOU DONE GOOFD HOLY LOL
>>
>>1468929
I see. Thanks!
>>
>>1468984
try looking up volatility (financial) and the implications of future volatility
doing a lot of heavy research on your indies will show you you've been seeing them in the wrong light. (RSI, in your case)
>>
>>1468929
This is a pretty classic setup in forex. That's why I recommend not to short until it comes back up.

At least if it loses you have much smaller risk. I didn't think these meme coins followed the same rules. Thanks
>>
>>1468929
>>1468925
i dont get it
>>
>all the drugs I want
>less than 1% of BTC market cap starting

could there be an easier coin to hold?
>>
>>1469094
implied volatility
it's saying that in the future, price is likely to hit this point and when it's hitting that point, it's volatility is going to allow it's implied price to be much more volatile. (ie: breakout, mean reversion)

it doesn't matter what instrument you are using. indicators aren't used only for finance.

>>1469027
i wouldn't really short because you should be getting out with increased vol and shorting vol itself when it's high (which you can't do with your meme coins)
>>
>>1468888
Check'd
>>
>>1468729
This has been already priced in the current price, stupid!
>>
>>1468883
How do I withdraw Monero to a wallet?
>>
>>1469164
so you mean i just look at the difference between the top of the last candle and the moving average to predict what range the next price could be?

the bigger the difference the larger the volatility of the next price?
>>
Christ my famalams... how does this shit happen....
>>
>>1469404
what
>>
>>1468565
>TA
Please stop posting this meme.
>>
>>1469364
try reading into some heavy volatility studies and implied volatility and you might be able to get a better idea than what i can convey

it's not so much that you want to use the distance between the bands or anything like that, but that a seemingly volatile move isn't actually volatile in context.

>>1468929
the red line up isn't a volatile move because even though it's going up at a somewhat rapid pace, the context is that it's still where it's at. when price is at the end there, touching the bottom band and almost touching the white line, it's saying "hey, don't be surprised if price falls down another 50 pips"

when the bands were consolidating, it was saying "hey, i know we had this move some while back, but for the current context, the chances of me dropping 100 pips in quick fashion is very low"

and then in the future from where the bands made their highs/lows it's like an impression in the sand which allows the water to easily move towards that impression. as time goes on and with water not running into the impression, the impression fades away.

it's actually very hard for me to put this into words because it's actually extremely obvious to the point where it's not.
>>
>>1470264
even then, at this point, you should also look into trading actual implied volatility. (options) you always want to buy low volatility and to sell high volatility. if price hits one of the bands, you can't short the vol, nor should you try to short price to get a mean reversion. (price doesn't revert to the mean like vol does)
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.